Sign in to follow this  
Big E

1998 Chevy Lumina low-end build

1001380ad1.th.jpg

Blood = better sound, right? (Razor slipped...)

1001386hs5.th.jpg

ICON 15D2 fing05.gif

1001387oa9.th.jpg

1001389bs6.th.jpg

1001393ng7.th.jpg

More pics soon. Build should start in a few days.

Good looking sub. ;)

Good looking sub. ;)

Innit though? fing05.gif So i picked up a few more days of work...build will be put off a few more days.

Edited by Big E

Funny story I have the exact same car lol. It's a pain in the ass not being able to fit a box bigger than 32"W x 16"H isn't it. Stupid trunk lid hinges

Funny story I have the exact same car lol. It's a pain in the ass not being able to fit a box bigger than 32"W x 16"H isn't it. Stupid trunk lid hinges

Very much so... This car is a bit of a pain to work with though (Read: battery under washer fluid, trunk lid, lack of grounding spots, and more) .

Edited by Big E

So this build is gonna have to wait a few more days...

I went to Lowes to get the wood and have them cut it (college + work = no time to cut the wood myself [and no access to a table saw doesn't help]). The guy at Lowes CUT THROUGH THE SAW'S POWER WIRE halfway through cutting the sheet down. I went to Home Depot and they finished up the cutting free of charge. I got back home and noticed the dumbass at Lowes marked that he cut out one of the sides, however I do not have it. He also messed up the cuts by quite a bit. This is the 5th or 6th time I've used Lowes to cut the wood and this is the first time they've ever been bad, or at least this bad.

I work tomorrow and Thursday and my grandma's in town this weekend so I have no idea when this'll get done, but I've already sold my MTX's so I'm really missing the bass :(.

Edited by Big E

Very much so... This car is a bit of a pain to work with though (Read: battery under washer fluid, trunk lid, lack of grounding spots, and more) .

haha I have blue windshield wiper fluid so you can imagine what my hands look like afterwards. and you lose like half of it each time lol.

This is going in the back of the lumina today.

1017070933iw3.jpg

I threw together a temporary ported box quickly for it, but I didn't take any pictures as I was in a race against the weather (won by 10 min!). It's not that great and there are some decent size gaps between joints, but I'll be building the actual box for it soon. I'll take pics saturday of my temp box with the duct tape sealant :P

I threw together a temporary ported box quickly for it, but I didn't take any pictures as I was in a race against the weather (won by 10 min!). It's not that great and there are some decent size gaps between joints, but I'll be building the actual box for it soon. I'll take pics saturday of my temp box with the duct tape sealant :P

DUCT TAPE FTMFW! My box's face is all duct tape =)

what was Low end about this setup ???

Killer sub Killer Amp !!!

seems pretty High end too me...

what was Low end about this setup ???

Killer sub Killer Amp !!!

seems pretty High end too me...

I think he meant 'it hits the low end'. Lumina's like to get loooowwww

Ouch, stinks about the wood mishap.