Sign in to follow this  
Croz

Necessary for 2nd woofer?

Ok heres the story, i have a 1994 grand prix. Right now ive got 2 infinity woofers @700 watts total power, and right now im the loudest system in my city (yeah not many of us are into car audio) but yesterday a kid from school walks up to me and tells me hes getting 2 audiobahn competition subs for $600 bucks each and hes going to run 1600 watts to it. Now i tried explaining to him that audiobahn flat out sucks but wouldnt listen to me. So for braggoing rights of course i have to get a louder system than that (my infinities are loud but not THAT loud).

The big question is

should i need just 1 15" D2 or should i go with 2?

i am going for exreme spl here b.t.w.

If extreme SPL is the goal, get 2 and build a wall. Yes, the Bahns sound like crap, but can get loud also.

Yeah they can get loud. don't underestimate them too much. though I would never pay 600 each for any.

what vehicle does he have? what vehicle do you have?

i use to sell audiobahn and belive me i dont like them at all, but they do get loud. i ran a death match w/ 2 12" 1205's and they werent even hot :) i got louder at the end of the 5 min. but i still wouldnt buy them to compete w/

i have a 94 grand prix hes got a 2004 ford focus

i know audiobahn sucks cuz i blew 4 of them in one week underpowering it by 50 watts lol thats a long story though

yeah I have a '91 cutlass supreme. our w-bodies really aren't meant for SPL. I'm not sure on his focus, though. take out rear speakers, and fold down the back seat if you can. that helps by a couple db.

u better get 2 b/c if not he is def. louder then u if its the hatch back. what Audiobahn subs where u running?