Quirky0907

Need Help- Fi X

I've been E-mailing Scott from Fi Audio back and forth but it usually takes a while for response and i realize hes bussy at the dB Drag World Finals. I desperately need these specifications for my Fi X 12s.

LE in Mega Hertz-

Z in Ohms-

PE in watts-

Ive been trying to get this info for weeks now so that i can finally build my box.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks,

Ben

1) Inductance is in millihenries, not MHz

2) You don't need any of those specifications to build an enclosure.

1) Inductance is in millihenries, not MHz

2) You don't need any of those specifications to build an enclosure.

I was told by my box builder those are the only specks he still doesn't have for his box building program. I assume he knows what he is doing being the owner of a car audio shop. I've also viewed similar programs that require the same specifications such as Bass Box 6.0.

Thanks, those are the same specs i sent my builder already but he keeps insisting that i need to find out the LE, Z, and PE. Should i call my builder and tell him to run the program without those specs? I don't want to sound stupid telling him people on line said the specs you need are obsolete and your expensive program is wrong.

If he's relying solely on a box building program like BBP6, I wouldn't trust that he really knows what he's doing in the first place.

If he's relying solely on a box building program like BBP6, I wouldn't trust that he really knows what he's doing in the first place.

Beat me to it. fing05.gif

I say find a better box builder.. :shrug:

Are you familiar with the program? I have a feeling the program uses the LE, Z, and PE along with the rest of the specs to stimulates how my sub would preform with different port/box dimensions. If you think those #s are not as important to building my box, is it possible to give an estimation of what you would think the LE, Z, and PE would be.

Thanks,

Ben

This guy was the cheapest i could find for 300. other places wanted ~450 and used similar programs. I just want a quality box built.

Those subs are Dual 4 ohm so its either gonna be 2 ohms Z or 8 ohms Z. Figure around 600W for Pe. Le isn't necessary for BBP6...

This guy was the cheapest i could find for 300. other places wanted ~450 and used similar programs. I just want a quality box built.

ouch

there are several members on here who are willing to build you a box for a far more fair price

where are you located?

To help the process, what are your needs from the box? Did you want ported or sealed? Did you have any particular size constraints or need it to fit in a tight space?

in another forum someone told me this- "Z was the nominal impedance. That shouldn't be too hard. BB6 shouldn't need the impedance anyway. Pe is thermal power handling I think, so RMS wattage."

Is this true?

That's what we've been telling you on this forum...and yes, it's true.

if i were you i'd just get a copy of BB6P...and design it yourself...if the guy knows what he is doing the inductance isn't really a deciding factor when designing a subwoofer enclosure....your lowpass filter will almost 99.9% of the time roll off before the inductance rolls off..that is assuming that you don't have your lowpass set at 500hz

if you are designing an enclosure for a midbass in a whole speaker system, then you will want it but for what you are doing it's almost useless

i believe there are a few box builders on caraudiojunkyard that may be cheaper but the quality will be there.

if i was paying $300 for an enclosure it better come with a happy ending.