Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianBassHead

Props to FI yet again!

here's a small vid since I never got around to it before :Dhttp://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/ha...igherresvid.flv

ok, I have no IDEA where to start, 1st I'd like to thank Scott and the guys at FI for helping me while in a helpless situation!

OK, these weren't your average recone, they had to machine adapter plates to get the 12 spoke baskets even compatible with my motors because the bolt patterns aren't the same... they had to tap them so the 12 spoke basket could be screwed into the spacer/adapter and drill through holes so I could bolt the adapter to the top plate of my motors.... THEN, there was a mishap in shipping and the original recones/basket/parts and my FI shirts and stickers were all lost in never never land I suppose LOL.... Anyway Scott being the stand up guy that he is told me he'd make a new set and I didn't even have to worry about ANYTHING, I didn't ever possibly imagine he'd of made that easy work of an insurance claim and sending me new stuff... I can only imagine the man hours going into the rings alone is well over the cost of quite a few recones... but I suppose since I'm not a machinest I couldn't really say...

ok, so I get the recones... and guess what, they even came with speaker terminals, and screws to screw the baskets to the adapters, AND TWO sets of dustcaps, crushproof and full cone... I don't even know what to say about all this, besides THANK YOU, yet again :)

I've done recones before so with total disregard for what Scott told me against using quick set epoxy I couldn't help myself :lol:

2103960_217_full.jpg

as you can probably see in the pix, I was in a hurry so I used the epoxy packaging for my coil shimming :lol: and it seems to of worked fine :)

2103960_222_full.jpg

one down, one to go :)

2103960_219_full.jpg

slapped them in my wifes jetta trunk and they're good for a 143.6dB car closed new termlab on music peaking around 40hz, song was Fabolous and Nate Dogg - Popo's lmao... Wife's gonna run that song for the small competition this coming friday, they use an audio control 180 I'm fairly sure at this shop, so if it stays consistent she'll do just a hair above a 150 flat :D hope she brings home the gold again, she won a comp in Feb so it'll be her 2nd 1st place of the year, the other was on a termlab :D always playing music :) these are 10"s btw, was so stoked I realized I didn't mention it...

2307586_81_full.jpg

thanks again for the MAJOR save of these motors and I can't wait to sell them and move on to some BLs, I'm looking forward to getting them, I'm hoping someone shows interest in these if she wins her class :D thanks again BIG TIME! I'll sport the FI stickers on the car :D ...

I'll try to get some vids up, I'll edit this post and add links :D BIG THANKS AGAIN TO SCOTT AND THE FI TEAM! NO WHERE ELSE BABY!

Edited by HawaiianBassHead

the full cones d/c's look badass, good looking driver.. I wonder when they recone mine to a 18 they have a full dustcap like that, would be sweet :)

Looks great.

Man, I want my cones to be like that!

And if theres a dude that will do anything to help ya out, its Scott. When I had my BTLs and all the problems, he was there every step of the way. Thats the reason why Fi has blown up so big around here.

And if theres a dude that will do anything to help ya out, its Scott. When I had my BTLs and all the problems, he was there every step of the way. Thats the reason why Fi has blown up so big around here.

why has eminence and such crap blown up around there? that is the true question

I've never even seen anyone running eminence in their car.... wth are U talking about? I sure want to stay far away from whatever you've been smokin :puzzled: around this forum eminence and other stuff has blown up? maybe people like to blow stuff up but don't want to blow up nice stuff :Dhttp://realmofexcursion.com/videos/TC%20Sounds/tc2+8.1a.wmv I blow up decent stuff sometimes... I beat the heck out of my MT 18" too before I reconed it once, but don't remember what I did with the vids :( it's ok, hopefully I can get me more FIs like BLs or BTLs and when I want to recone them I could do the same :seesaw:

Because we like our music loud? And at 156dBs sonic quality and tonal accuracy isnt whats on your mind. Keeping your lungs inflated is the main concern.

Edited by galacticmonkey

Because we like our music loud? And at 156dBs sonic quality and tonal accuracy isnt whats on your mind. Keeping your lungs inflated is the main concern.

hahahahahahaha... so... you are saying that you cannot have accurate components because you are to loud? hahahahhahaha

I've never even seen anyone running eminence in their car.... wth are U talking about? I sure want to stay far away from whatever you've been smokin :puzzled: around this forum eminence and other stuff has blown up? maybe people like to blow stuff up but don't want to blow up nice stuff :Dhttp://realmofexcursion.com/videos/TC%20Sounds/tc2+8.1a.wmv I blow up decent stuff sometimes... I beat the heck out of my MT 18" too before I reconed it once, but don't remember what I did with the vids :( it's ok, hopefully I can get me more FIs like BLs or BTLs and when I want to recone them I could do the same :seesaw:

not you. i was talking about "gmonk" and the "florida boys" :rolleyes:

i blow up nice sh.it as well. :D

Sign in to follow this