Sign in to follow this  
Incriminator

2008 Death Penalty Review

Just wanted to say Thanks to Chad Hicks for the Review! :)

Full Review:

Listening Test

This subwoofer is definately a beast, however it is not a pure spl sub. The amount of cone control this driver has is amazing. Testing in a 2 cube sealed box and in a 2.7 cube ported box ( 1 6inch aero tuned to 35 hz ) yeilded some interesting results. The sealed box lacked output, no worse than any other driver I have used, but it did help the low end of the driver a bit.

Ported is where you should run this driver, as it is a monster. The 2.7 cube box i believe was a decent match with this driver for daily use b/c the smaller SPL box made the sub peak like a bish. I was able to bassrace a 139.9 with ease with this driver in the ported box. As I stated earlier the cone control is amazing. The driver has no problem reproducing anything thrown at it. I wouldn't call it a SQ driver, but it definately could find a home in many daily driver setups.

SPL Test

Ok as some of you have seen my RMS and slightly above results this driver doesnt need a ton of power to get moving. However pushing it above rms is something one could do with ease

DPtest2.jpg

SPLChart.jpg

DP 12 Video 1 - Xmax

DP 12 Video 2 - Xmax

2 DP 18's in my truck .. Alot of money..

2 3k wat Amps ... Alot of money ..

Hearing the pure loudest .. Priceless

cant wait till i got the money to buy 2 of these babys.

I just got my death penalty's i got 2 12's i had my doubts at first but the break -in process on all speakers usually is.i competed the first five hours upon recieving them. wonderful craftsmanship! clamped power out of 2 dd m1a's one was 602w and the other 602.8w i tried gaining them as close as i could that amp is usually rated on their site 1200w rms@ 1 ohm each sub is wired at .7 and .35 strapped pair i did a 144.9 on the dash with plenty of vol. left i metered later on that week same power 147.4 at 44 hz. and 146.5 music not bad for a SQ driver. there is an impressive amount of SPL in there two.I love my subs.

it's always a pleasure going to salsbury hopefully this time to give them some thing they will remember other than locking my keys and the mic in the car during my run. my amp is wonderful. butthis time i got something special for the 2 12 class. one battery , car off, and a whole lot of love from my sponsors the death penalties are better to me than the dd's were but i've been working on something better. fing05.gif

\I am going to try to make Salisbury next time around.

im vry impressedw ith how smooth of a response they have at high volume as well and drop major dbs. excellent driver !

im vry impressedw ith how smooth of a response they have at high volume as well and drop major dbs. excellent driver !

Sq is awsome / Spl awsome / performance awsome / power handle awsome ...

How about a 2010 Warden or 2010 FL review. ;)

WHAT there is a new FL?:blink:

Haha, no I meant a review for the new year.

Haha, no I meant a review for the new year.

Gotcha ;).

I want to open this up again. I want some reviews on the DP... I am probably going to order 2 15'' DP's tomorrow but ill be throwing about 3krms at each so i just wanna know what you all think about the power handling of them... And how loud they would get off that kinda power hehe:D

2010 DP vs 2008 DP are totally differen't motor designs!

But maybe there should be :)

Look it's Nick! Here we thought he was make believe! :P

But maybe there should be :)

jon.gifNOOOOOOO, that would mean I would have to buy it. suicide-santa.gifpeepwall.gif

Just got my new DP 18 in yesterday. Waiting for the rest of the car to get finished. You'll def see me at Spring Break Nationals.