Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

Deviations of LMS-5400

Sweet only thing tho they only come in svc 3 ohm?

thats gonna hurt me no other coil configs offered?

No other, single 3 ohm is actually pretty awesome for a 4 ohm stable amplifier, since with impedance rise it will be real close to 4 ohms.

No other, single 3 ohm is actually pretty awesome for a 4 ohm stable amplifier, since with impedance rise it will be real close to 4 ohms.

not when your intending to use it for Car audio and you need a 1 ohm load...

I would have to get a pair just to get somewhere near that ohm load..

Edited by Jybfan04

If you plan on using them in a car, I hope you drive a van or large SUV. They need an enormous amount of airspace sealed, which the only alignment besides IB that I would use one in.

If you plan on using them in a car, I hope you drive a van or large SUV. They need an enormous amount of airspace sealed, which the only alignment besides IB that I would use one in.

:werd_msword: Would be neato to see an IB RL-s setup :popcorn:

I run 4 ohms in the vehicle, no problem if you have an amp that does full power over a wide range of impedances, or have a big enough amp to take the drop :D

JIMJ how do you have yours setup?

What size enclosure and what amp are you using?

I did notice that the enclosure requirements are huge sooo may not be able to use this woofer.

I don't have an RL-s...my comment was just that I have an amp (PG Tantrum 1200.1) that doesn't care whether it's at 2 ohms or 4 ohms, so an SVC 3-ohm driver isn't as much of a problem as long as you know what amps to look at. JL Slash series amps are the same way, along with the newer PG Xenons though I can't comment about the quality of those.

I don't have an RL-s...my comment was just that I have an amp (PG Tantrum 1200.1) that doesn't care whether it's at 2 ohms or 4 ohms, so an SVC 3-ohm driver isn't as much of a problem as long as you know what amps to look at. JL Slash series amps are the same way, along with the newer PG Xenons though I can't comment about the quality of those.

Gotcha, care to share a bit more information about your setup ie box size and how many drivers you are using?

they dont need huge boxes fyi...unless 5 cubes is big to you?

Edited by TreyE

I'd love to have one IB, perhaps in my next ride :D