Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

spl secrets

Just still curius, about db dust amd spl glue can i have a hint on what that is???

there is no such thing. the biggest secret to SPL is the one that no one can ever tell you. It is the one you learn on your own through countless hours of trial and error. If it were any simpler than that. Everyone would be loud on theri very first try

come on chris, no deep dark secrets from the dungeon?

havent been on any of the new mics but I know they are considerably lower than last years.

stiffness is a good thing to have for your box not the builder :lol:

only one i've heard is to not play ur stuff tell it's time to compete..

cuz it saves the batt.. :ph34r: I had to put this on one of my threads

well yeah, you do have only so much amperage available to you and with the class you are in, you do not want to really get into the lanes with a drained battery.

i'ma get me a solar powered battery charger :D

:ph34r:

dont bother wating your money. They do not charge the battery up fast enough. Remember playing your car stereo puts the biggest drain on your battery out of all the other electronics on the car combined. A solar powered battery charger is very slow. ZI mean it is recommended to use the trickle charge on a battery when cherging one that is low at your house and that could take up to 8 hours to get a real good charge on it.

If you must play it before you go through the lanes that go ahead and do it. I mean your loss is minimal anyway as far as the mic is concerned

Get a generator :D

hmm, the trickle teqnique is chargen it at 12volts low right??

Guest Guest
Just still curius, about db dust amd spl glue can i have a hint on what that is???

A MYTH ;)

that last post was me :ph34r: :blink:

cmon man ur loosin post like that..i'ma be a non member b4 you do :lol: :ph34r:

there is no such thing. the biggest secret to SPL is the one that no one can ever tell you. It is the one you learn on your own through countless hours of trial and error. If it were any simpler than that. Everyone would be loud on theri very first try

ohh...there is....only problem is u have to get inside loyd's box and steal it from the midgits inside the box....thats how dustin got his.....

Ah BOOO

loyd isn't even on this forum yet is he...

oh well guess i'll neva know <_<

Ah BOOO

loyd isn't even on this forum yet is he...

oh well guess i'll neva know <_<

Loyd won't tell secrets...neither will I. :D

didn't you learn ur secrets from him, so he did share...

Or you guys swapped secrets...

what fun is that, not telling info, :angry: :ph34r:

Guest Guest

A lot of fun. I didn't get where I did in this sport by telling fellow competitors what I know.

Wanna know a secret...one of the best things you can do is put up a physics book.

Guest RangerMan1

A lot of fun. I didn't get where I did in this sport by telling fellow competitors what I know.

Wanna know a secret...one of the best things you can do is put up a physics book.

or the loudspeaker cookbood. written in the 70's and everything in it is like breakthrough crap still.

Here is my secret. I have a little bumble bee that I keep in my box and when I burp the car, it comes out and stings the microphone and puts up a nice high number for me

Guest jigga whoo
only one i've heard is to not play ur stuff tell it's time to compete..

cuz it saves the batt.. :ph34r: I had to put this on one of my threads

and itll keep your voice coils cool also, heated coils raise the dcr and make your amplifier less powerful

Guest jigga what

you want secrets? learn ohms law and then put some serious thought into how it is applied to car audio, o and cheat whenever possible, the ones who refuse to share anything usually are cheating anyhow, ive built and competed with vehicle after vehicle since 98' i never once didnt help someone who asked for it, and always took the time to do so, and its not like im a slouch either.... ive built world record holders and one world champ. :ph34r:

Guest RangerMan1
you want secrets? learn ohms law and then put some serious thought into how it is applied to car audio, o and cheat whenever possible, the ones who refuse to share anything usually are cheating anyhow, ive built and competed with vehicle after vehicle since 98' i never once didnt help someone who asked for it, and always took the time to do so, and its not like im a slouch either.... ive built world record holders and one world champ. :ph34r:

You're insane...I have no reason to cheat...I don't share designs that I have sacrificed 50+ hours to people who don't compete or don't have the drive to design their own.

will you guys registar, geeze :P

hey i do have the drive, and even put in time, only thing is idk what the hell i'm doin, i mean the lil internet sites help, wt makin a box and all but i'm seriusly not in a finacila situation or time schedule situation where i can sacrifice alot of time...going to school and not having a job and playing sports leaves only part of saturday amd sunday open....

I mean i just think it's kinda selfish...cuz teachers know things and are happy to share them, i mean you act like if you tell me secrets i'll become some big time car audio champ or somethin, but would that really be such a bad thing, it would then make others work harder to beat those records, and when they do someone else will be wrkin to beat there records..

ok, ok i could keep talkin but i'm done..

I have a job, I am in school, and I play sports. But, I find time to compete and work my ass off on my system. My current box has 50 hours of work into it and I have no desire to tell anyone what the hell I did on it.

Selfish, maybe. Smart, definitly.

The ONLY people that I tend to help are dedicated competitors who bust their ass to be loud. I respect them, they respect me. Its a mutual thing. But helping people who I'v never personally met...hell no. Come to NC, and I'll be glad to talk and give you a couple of tips.