Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

spl secrets

Guest rangermanistoouptight

rangerman

i dont mean give everyone a grand tour of your box design, because everyones stuff is different anyway, i could tell you the box design from every vehicle ive ever worked on, would it help you? probably not. especially if it took you 50 hrs just to build and modify your own, youd never grasp why things were done the way they were.

i am not hurling insults at rangerman, but we had a world record holder for a short time in 99 and the next year one of the guys i helped at nearly every show built a ranger with nearly the same exact design... and i do mean exact, the way the bolts were in the lexan of the windshield, the way the subs were configured in the wall, right down to the fukking brands he used! and you know what? the first show i saw him at was one in carlisle pa (both our respect back yards) and you know what? the first thing i did when i saw him was to help him fix what i could on the spot when his stuff went down that day... i even told him what he was doin wrong and ways to correct the mistakes he made (the same i had made the year prior) maybe im just from a different mold but i thinks its the right think to do....

did i mention that the car me and my old boss built in 98 was the first dbdrag vehicle (ss or otherwise) to have the woofers on the passenger side? gee, i guess we shouldve hidden everything so no one wouldve ever done the same thing as us, imagine where dbdrag and competition as a whole would be if we were all just as selfish, theres ways to help people and be a good sport without giving them the benefit of all your hard work.

did you know henry ford didnt invent the first automobile (ironically fords founding father in this case) all he did was take someone else's idea/ design and change it and make it better, but just imagine if everyone had the opinion that they didnt wanna share their secrets where would anything be if everyone were so selfish? especially since they all know their secrets were really alot closer to not being secrets then thed like to imagine.

Now, are you gonna register so taht we can learn more from ya? :)

Oh and btw good point(s)

Edited by beka

Guest RangerMan1

Was he a customer?

Sounds to me like he was...

The reason that it took 50 hours on that box is because it is in a Regular Cab...when you pull a 150 LinX in a Regular Cab, you come back and let me know. Until then, shut the fudge up.

I don't care what "we" did...I'm only concerned with what my teammates and myself do.

If a person can't take the time to learn the rules of physics, ohms law, and apply them, then I have no motive to help them. Simple as that. Someone who has read up and has tried, of course I'll help.

If your so hellbent on helping everyone, why don't you do it? Stop arguing with me and help someone.

Unbelievable.

Guest dbdraggin
Was he a customer?

Sounds to me like he was...

no, he was from over 100 miles away, maybe if you took the time to re-read the post i made you would understood that the first time, i think i said the first time i saw him the following year was at a show? dont you usually see your customers at your store?

The reason that it took 50 hours on that box is because it is in a Regular Cab...when you pull a 150 LinX in a Regular Cab, you come back and let me know.  Until then, shut the fudge up.

please... you just must be the man, now go fudge your self slowpoke.

I don't care what "we" did...I'm only concerned with what my teammates and myself do.

then shut the fudge up and dont give stupid comments about how you think someone who cant comprehend physics (we cant all be geniuses i suppose right?) doesnt deserve your "secrets" last time i looked in my physics books there wasnt a section that said "for spl vehicle construction" so maybe people who are younger, like the kids in highschool? who still wanna be competitive shouldnt even bother if everywhere they go they encounter "im better than you cuz i know physics" people like you.

If a person can't take the time to learn the rules of physics, ohms law, and apply them, then I have no motive to help them.  Simple as that.  Someone who has read up and has tried, of course I'll help.

how do you know they tried if you shoot them down? theyll just hate you the same way that patrick hated mark fakuda, and most of us know where that ended up.

If your so hellbent on helping everyone, why don't you do it?  Stop arguing with me and help someone.

im not attacking you rangerbitch (well i am now but youre the one who had the childish remark to make in your last post, which obviously reflects your age) when you go back and reread what i posted then maybe youll comprehend what i was saying, i wasnt bashing the amount of time it took you to build your box, or anything else you said really, i was showing how we had a severe differece of opinion. if you cant handle the fact that others who have been more successful than you are more willing to help others who arent as fortunate as you are then im sorry and youll have to suck it up, bottom line.... im sure no one you asked for help (be it in spl or any other realm in your life) told you to go read a physics book or told do it your damn self cuz they didnt wanna sacrifice all the work theyve done to learn what you were asking help for.

i think i even posted and said i wasnt insulting you.

i used to have more respect for you than most on this forum and on caf, now youve just become like the other e-experts i suppose, too good to help anyone else... or is it lacking the abliity to do so instead?

Unbelievable.

believe it

ps. how about you show yours? ive shown mine, lets see some show results, dbdrag stats, meca, usaci, nspl etc. lets see where your 50 hour box has gotten you....

pss. and like i said, reread my post hot-head and realize that you seem to be the only one who thought you were attacked.

Guest dbdraggin
Is this the part where we bow down?

if you feel the need to....

while your down there though ;) ....

o forget, it im not in the mood today

seriously, you have been one of the people whos never liked me here since the beginning, but on a rational level, how do you feel about helping others out? you have listed more than enough thank yous in your dbdrag stats, so i guess you didnt read your physics book either...

im not trying to be a cock, but you didnt just wake up and know your chit one day did you? you had help. how would you feel if you asked someone for help and they said no, what if dom just said "hey thanks for buying my alternator, now go fudge yourself if you want any help"? it would be more than a little disheartening wouldnt it?

like i said, im asking these questions in all seriousness and would like just one rational reply for once as a former competitor to a current competitor.

and actually id prefer if you kneel, bowing is so facetious ;)

First of all, how do you know that reference was made to you? As far as I can tell maybe you haven't read your physics book either. For whatever that means.

If you'd step off your high horse for a moment and breath some of the air down here on Earth you'd realize that not everything is calculated. Alot that is learned in this game is trial and error.

As for the "name dropping" Dom and I have a good relationship that for the most part has been built on trust. Yes, that's right, trust. He tells me things that I don't repeat because he feels that he can. No,I didn't wake up one morning and know all of the answers, but I did put the time in and did make some very good and well-known friends along the way. We drove to Finals last year to "spectate".

Simply said, you have to want it bad enough, and yes, I am willing to help people out, but it's just like anything else, it needs to be earned. A level of trust and understanding and respect. We put the time in and did the testing and there's no easy answer or "here's how you do it" scenerio. You put the time in and get the right kind of help and anything is possible.

On a more personal note you have to be one of the most pompus a$$holes that I've ever come into contact with. I've got news for you pal, the world doesn't rotate around you. You come on here with this "I am GOD "attitude. FU(K YOU and FU(K that! If you feel that my post was directed toward you that's great, but step off the horse, in all honesty, you shouldn't be there anyways. Crawl back into the hole that you came from.

dbdraggin, I say you bring it to the lanes!!! So TeamXSS can show you how phsyics works when a BIG, LOUD, ORANGE van comes driving up your ass!!!! I normally don't respond to people like you, (not loud) but just want to say that you my friend are a "NEVER WAS". Your one of the best trash talkers I have seen, but you can't make chit loud, and if you argue that fact then BUILD IT and TEAM XSS will BEAT IT. So bring on your educated comments, slam me, call me fat, stinky and stupid, but guess what...... Team XSS is WAY FUCCKING louder than you...... Bye, Rick

I have an idea - lets talk about this picture for a littel bit. She might have some SPL secrets for us

Super

Pussy

Licious

:Pic Deleted by Admin:

wow this post has gotten out of hand :rolleyes: all started by me :D

how bout i just say neva mind about it because there are people that are too up tight to talk. Sure i'm no genius, but i know more than some others and when they ask for help i give it simple as that, but if you dont wanna help fine..