Fi Car Audio

X series clearance

wow basshead... 5?? hehe....wow! I know they are just 10's..but wow...whatcha gonna use to push those? (amp wise?)

they don't take very much power... I have a mids amp that could properly power them all... I actually want like 4, but 5 so I can get a better discount LMAO... gonna give the other to one of my boys or something.... maybe trade it for something... I traded a pair of RE 8's for 7 0awg ring terminals once locally LOL... traded my RE MT 18" for an alpine deck... I do strange things sometimes... I ran 8 eD 9kv2s when they 1st came out in my car... weren't very impressive though so I put the MT 18" back in... obviously that was before I traded it... my single soloX 10" was louder than all 8 of them LOL... are are my wifes 2 10"s :D

I actually have a pair of 1800w amps I may use one of them... but I don't really look forward to blowing a bunch of subs that it would cost alot to recone.. I prefer blowing one big sub as shipping recones are the same price regaurdless of type of recone LOL

What do the 12 Fi X's look like..A view from the Basket..If someone has one...I am going to talk my brother into upgrading from his Old School Pioneer 301c's to The Fi X's...Just need a picture... I NEED TO READ THE Thread don't I ...I see the picture now...DUHHH...

Edited by zaxfire69

well, on the first page, there are pictures of the X, look the same as the SSD, slightly different dustcap/cone. also i believe Scott said thermally. and he didn't say they wouldn't handle over their RMS, cause i'm sure they would, especially sealed, he just said don't expect to well overpower them like 2xRMS like the other lines, cause they are not designed for that.

well, on the first page, there are pictures of the X, look the same as the SSD, slightly different dustcap/cone. also i believe Scott said thermally. and he didn't say they wouldn't handle over their RMS, cause i'm sure they would, especially sealed, he just said don't expect to well overpower them like 2xRMS like the other lines, cause they are not designed for that.

i'm sure he set the rms there for a reason, so i was looking for what that reason was was. since i'm considering doing about 3 or 4 installs locally with them i just wanted to know what to expect.

well on another thread there's also a guy that's running an autotek mm1000.1 on two sealed 12" X's. said they sound great on the power and seem to handle it great, he did have to re-glue the tinsel pads though.

scott rates them conservatively since people tend to *cough* forget *cough* the RMS rating of the sub... So he rates them conservatively to avoid mass warranty issues.... I am pretty sure with proper gain settings and a little responsibility on the volume knob they will handle well above their rated power...

How many 10s are left? I am pretty sure I am going to get 2 10" for a friend, but I don't want them to run out before I can get them. :)

We still have quite a few of the 10s and 12s left. We sold through about half quickly and the balance has been slow the past week.

As for 8s... sorry. While I can build them thats what AA is for.

Hey Scott, is there any reason why everytime I order It takes like 4-5 days before I get sent a tracking number. Last time it took over 8 days before my order actually shipped when it seemed like others were getting tracking info the same day. I just put in another order for a third X 12 which I paid for on sunday night and still havent heard anything about. Just wondering am I doing something wrong when ordering?

Hmmm... not sure there. What is your name and I can track down everything for you.

Thanks,

Scott

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do these compare to CVR's?

just going on the specs i would much rather have the x's.

I'll have a pretty decent review for both models in the coming weeks. My final plan is to run one 12 in my ht, but before that i'll be running it in various sealed and ported enclosures to see if i want to run a few more of them in my car. I'm also going to be installing 1 10 in a 4th order in a jeep wrangler.

Edited by profundus-sanus

about how loud will 2 12" x's off 600 - 700 watts of power compare to 1 12" fi q d2 off of 1000 watts of power.

i have the q now and thinking of selling it for 2 12" x's in a sealed box with 1.25 sealed each. might do ported 2 10's if it just as loud as 1 12" q off 1000 watts.

Mike-

What kind of deal could you make if i ordered four 12" x series subs. I tried pm'ing you but it said your inbox is full.

Will this woofer be suited for home theater applications as well. For the price I could buy eight of em ;)

Do you have any of the 12's left and would 500 watts to each sub be asking for trouble? Has anybody hooked these up yet and have a review on them? I'm wondering how they sound sealed.

likewise on the 12s

a friend of mine just got a 2000 explorer and wants some subs...some Fi X 12's should fit the bill nicely...only if there are some left

so whats left????? so these subs are built for more of a sealed application? would i be able to run four 12's or 6 10's of my re 12.1????