Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianBassHead

So you guys like 8"s huh :)

I got one for ya. here's my sd page I broke one from making the dustcap tear the surround I'll take moved pix of them with a battery sometime so you get an idea of how far they actually move. once you start scrolling down you'll see it. Later,

T

EDIT: Forgot to link yall after noticing I could just attach pix anyhow you can see some of my other toys there. I have my 18" RE MT on there.

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/412297/3

post-25-1089072457.jpg

Edited by HawaiianBassHead

I was checkin out the Si 8" so figured I'd drop a pic of my toys for the heck of it. By the look of the other Si's I assumed it'd look more like my 8"s. Don't like the huge surround on the Si though I don't think it'll use it. anyone have an idea as to how much they're gona be and when? I love 8"s for some reason. I have a pair of RE's too I want some of these the DD's and TB's also then I'll have more toys to post pic's of. I just like to impulse buy ALOT lol. Also are there going to be 10" Si's? Later,

EDIT: Overmotored? lol I thought they were all the rave? I mean JL's doing pretty well with their 8". Its a custom made speaker kinda. I actually wanted more motor. lol I have a thing for 18"s too and if I found an 18" like that motor per cone ratio. Assuming I could carry it I'd be in heaven. But it would have to be in box reconeable.

T

Edited by HawaiianBassHead

I was checkin out the Si 8" so figured I'd drop a pic of my toys for the heck of it. By the look of the other Si's I assumed it'd look more like my 8"s. Don't like the huge surround on the Si though I don't think it'll use it. anyone have an idea as to how much they're gona be and when? I love 8"s for some reason. I have a pair of RE's too I want some of these the DD's and TB's also then I'll have more toys to post pic's of. I just like to impulse buy ALOT lol. Also are there going to be 10" Si's? Later,

EDIT: Overmotored? lol I thought they were all the rave? I mean JL's doing pretty well with their 8". Its a custom made speaker kinda. I actually wanted more motor. lol I have a thing for 18"s too and if I found an 18" like that motor per cone ratio. Assuming I could carry it I'd be in heaven. But it would have to be in box reconeable.

T

The surround choice is not necessarily entirely dictated by excursion. Mass, compliance, and effects on frequency response must be figured in with a broad range driver like the 8" SI. This particular surround worked to make the design function as desired.

I mean JL's doing pretty well with their 8". Its a custom made speaker kinda. I actually wanted more motor.

I hope you're talking about your 8", not JL's. Even if you are talking about your 8, do you mean a driver made by Stephen at TC Sounds?

Stephen making "custom" drivers?! Noooooo. :P

They were designed by Steve but they weren't made by him :ph34r: . Some of their assembly people assembled them is what he said. Tonally balanced is hard on an 8" for lower freq's but I want to know when I can get some :) . I'm aware of the weight and dampning effects and even freq response. Can there be no smaller surround to allow more displacment with the same characs? Obvioulsy I'm a noise junky. Hm thats ok he says it sets off alarms. I need a pair like yesterday. When will they be on the site? I'll take four j/k just two for now would be fine. :) I think both the Jl and these are good. As will be the Si's. Maybe there will be some higher end 8"s later to compete with the JL and others :) I'm sure these are WAY more efficient then my pair. The RE's are nice but kinda cheap no pun intended lol. I use those in the wife's car until I swap them with DD's these or whatever happens to be the next new 8"s 4.5" deep or less. I shouldn't second guess the surround I'm sure but its just my cones are small enough lol smaller is scarier lol. Later,

T

They were designed by Steve but they weren't made by him :ph34r: . Some of their assembly people assembled them is what he said. Tonally balanced is hard on an 8" for lower freq's but I want to know when I can get some :) . I'm aware of the weight and dampning effects and even freq response. Can there be no smaller surround to allow more displacment with the same characs? Obvioulsy I'm a noise junky. Hm thats ok he says it sets off alarms. I need a pair like yesterday. When will they be on the site? I'll take four j/k just two for now would be fine. :) I think both the Jl and these are good. As will be the Si's. Maybe there will be some higher end 8"s later to compete with the JL and others :) I'm sure these are WAY more efficient then my pair. The RE's are nice but kinda cheap no pun intended lol. I use those in the wife's car until I swap them with DD's these or whatever happens to be the next new 8"s 4.5" deep or less. I shouldn't second guess the surround I'm sure but its just my cones are small enough lol smaller is scarier lol. Later,

T

That surround worked best to provide the proper mass and compliance. It was also a readily available part. And don't forget that the surround also displaces air... it's not totally subtracted from the Sd of the driver. If the part works, use it :)

The RE drivers are insanely inefficient, might have something to do with them having nearly the same MMS as our 12" D2. But they are awesome little drivers for the price. They go low and work in small boxes, and people like them. Our driver is aimed at a different market sector. More efficient, lower THD, and MUCH more high frequency extension.

Got some T/S on that 8" of yours by chance?

sure I'll find them and pm them to you. I know efficiency is worse than anything I've ever seen. 78dB I think But with a pair in a 2.25ft^3 boxed with a 4" aeroport tuned to 29hz they spank off a bd1000.

I'm looking to get a DD M2 amp when they're availble, the M1's are selling and shipping now. They do 1400rms 1.3ohm 12v 1700 1.3ohm 14v these aren't ratings but a little under what the birthsheets were. Its rated 600rms 1ohm don't remember voltage, but I figure the M2 will be double that. I have all types of amps mostly class d. But these should be fun, people are saying the M2 will be the loudest street amp, louder than the Zapco 9.0. Since I don't run hundreds of batts with huge alts I'll probably do alot better than ever with this amp. Its also strappable and has onboard clipping indicators.

anywho are you gonna do a preorder on these 8"s? I was thinking of starting my own thing but with the RE, Si the W7 and so many others there's no need for tc built 8"s imo. I like the design very much on yours. It drops low enough to set off car alarms and goes high enuff to be used in two ways. I need four, one in each front door one in each kick. :) dude get them out seriously. If you can set off alarms with one. I think they are sweet. I wonder how the XXX comps are they use xbl^2 but cost an arm and leg those must displace mucho air too :) . But I think yours will be great. I've never used Si's only because shipping to Hi is expensive like $100 per 40lbs so a Mag 15" would be $450ish. I paid $160 shipping on my Mt 18" that kinda sucks I've paid over $1,000 shipping sounds here in the past two years.

obviously I'm rambling so I'll just be out lol. Later man,

T

I've never used Si's only because shipping to Hi is expensive like $100 per 40lbs so a Mag 15" would be $450ish. I paid $160 shipping on my Mt 18" that kinda sucks I've paid over $1,000 shipping sounds here in the past two years.

Hey, use really snail-snailmail. USPS, hehe, I got my SI 12" D2 shipped all the way to Norway for ~$43. You

I hate that choice of mail it blows worse than dead subs still playing in peoples trunks across the world. It takes so long first I think I got jacked, then I forget and when it finally arrives I'm like what the heck is this...oh crap I remember now I bought this last year off ebay...son of a bee, he really did send it. oops should'nt of sent him those turds in the snail mail back lol

sorry got me excited.

Hehe, I know, takes a while :P Took 4 weeks and one day in my case, but that time was well spent on prepping the car and installing the rest of my system.

I guess the ebayer used your turds to fertilize his lawn, hehe.

I definitely see your point, but when you live in a country where they charge you $1470 for a JL12W7 a SI 12" D2 for a total cost of ~$390, shipping, taxes and all included is a sweet deal :D Without the Norwegian taxation I'd only be paying $277 of todays value in $.

Taxations like these = :poop: