Sign in to follow this  
RemixPinoY

FI Q 10 Or 12

yes you are correct, Fi specs for that sub are .8 -1.5 cuft sealed, so 1.3 sounds just about perfect

Crap now I've seen the Havoc line up from AA, is it comparable to the Q? I'm still searching for ideas on subs, and the havoc seems comparable to the Q. Which is better and why? And if the havoc were the better sub, what would the enclosure requirements be?

very similar man, only difference will really be in the install. if you were doing an SPL setup and were looking at high powered subs then maybe, but the Q is the SQ line from Fi and AA is more if an SQ sub I believe so doesn't matter. IMO just go with the Fi Q's and be done with it you will be amazed by what you hear. Sundown + Fi = Incredible bass

very similar man, only difference will really be in the install. if you were doing an SPL setup and were looking at high powered subs then maybe, but the Q is the SQ line from Fi and AA is more if an SQ sub I believe so doesn't matter. IMO just go with the Fi Q's and be done with it you will be amazed by what you hear. Sundown + Fi = Incredible bass

Hmmm true, but the AA I can get cheaper than the Q by 50 bucks, so thats whats making it interesting. Hmmm hmmm hmm...

I think you will be very happy with either, but maybe a little more output out of the Q, e-mail Scott and see what he says if you really want to be sure. If money is anything of an issue then save it and get the AA, not a big difference man. Just remember, AA is more of an SQ company but that doesn't mean they can't get loud.

Alright cool, I'll talk to Scott and see what he thinks. I know either way my system will be god like!

Well anyway guys, since posting here I decided havocs 12 D1's for sure, going to couple it with a sundown 3000d sound good? I posted in the AA section, it's dead no replies..... Someone help me lol.

Not so sure that many people have heard the new Havoc's which is why your post is lacking replies.

Not so sure that many people have heard the new Havoc's which is why your post is lacking replies.

Ya I just realized that now hah, but from what I heard havocs should sound similar to Q's.

Well ordered sundown 3000d amp, with two d1 havoc 12's. But the AA forum is dead, anyone care to help me out here on the beloved Fi forum on what my enclosure size should be with these two 12's sealed? Also if the subs should share the air space or should be built in there own boxes?

basically the advantage to having a seperation in the boxes is if one blows the ither one is in the same box. If they share airspace then if one blows its in double the size box ad its more likely to bottom out. I would just make them in the same airspace. 3.0 cubes should be nice.

basically the advantage to having a seperation in the boxes is if one blows the ither one is in the same box. If they share airspace then if one blows its in double the size box ad its more likely to bottom out. I would just make them in the same airspace. 3.0 cubes should be nice.

Alright so I'll just let them share the same air space, and isn't 3 cubes kind of too much? My previous kicker 10's were in a 3.2 and I didn't like how they did not seem to produce much of an impact. They were just utterly weak and the seemed to be in a box way too large for them. It only made sense if I was looking for a flat sound quality response that wasn't too powerful, but I'm looking into a loud system that still retains some sound quality at where the subs perform best at. And looking at havoc specs it says largest recommended is 1.1 cubes, which is confusing me since fi Q's use 1.5 max. And with the fi q's they like to have 1.2 cubic feet a piece or so recommended by people.

So I'm looking for the sweet spot of the havocs, which I have no clue what that is.

Like said above not too many people have experience with these subs. Im not a big fan of sealed boxes i think youd be much happier with a ported box tuned low 28-32hz

But if you got the 12"s 3 cubes should be fine.

Like said above not too many people have experience with these subs. Im not a big fan of sealed boxes i think youd be much happier with a ported box tuned low 28-32hz

But if you got the 12"s 3 cubes should be fine.

Hmm I'm still debating, I've never heard a great system in ported form, I've only experienced those sony subs and etc. And I'm still not sure how a sealed enclosure would really stack against a ported one if both were made up of quality components. Anyway I'm leaning more toward SQ than SPL, and I'd like to make the smallest enclosure possible for my car since my Supra doesn't have a deep trunk being it's a sports car hatch. So sealed makes much more sense right? I love ported enclosures but for my car I don't think it'll make too much sense, especially since it's small and 2 12's pushing 3000 watts in a sports car would overkill my front stage I think anyway. Sealed I think I'll get by, and I listen to a lot of music not just hip hop so I want to have best of both worlds. I think my 3000 watts will make up for the inefficiency of my sealed enclosure versus a lower powered ported enclosure.

Lol its a trade off you have to do what you like best if you do do ported your looking at 4-5 cubes tuned to 28-30 should sound real nice. With 3000 watts and two 12's your gonna overpower your frontstage no matter what you do its gonna be up to you to use an eq or set you gain appropriately to balance it out. If you do sealed youl be just fine too.

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/literature/wr...orted/index.htm

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/literature/wr...ratio/index.htm

Interesting reads i think theyd be worth your time (pretty short)

I don't think you'll be able to fit 2 ported 12s in your supra. That's 4 cu ft plus port displacement. You'll have a pretty big box.

I don't think you'll be able to fit 2 ported 12s in your supra. That's 4 cu ft plus port displacement. You'll have a pretty big box.

Ya I can't, well I could but then I'd have a useless trunk really. So I got my 3000d in the mail, I am going to run two batteries, will my stock 100 amp alt be okay with two batteries to power a 3000d, 2 12's, plus a RF 400 watt amp?

2 12s will give you a lot more bass. If you can, I'd go for it. Why not just keep the 1400 watt amp and get 2 Q12s?

I'm still confused with amps and wiring, I thought I'd need 2000 watts to power these subs? 1000 watts a piece per sub right? Wouldn't 1400 be underpowering them at 700 watts a piece at best?

You don't need a kW to power a Q.

When I auditioned one, 700W was perfect...

Or should I look for an amp that can provide more power and set the gain at 75 percent and what not so the amp doesn't overwork itself.
The amp works the same whether or not the gain setting is set at full, or barely turned.

JIMJ- so if 700W is enough for a 12Q why would my US AMPS AX600DE ( which Flakko says will put out 800W ) not be enough? just curious. sorry in advance for hi-jacking the thread.

2 12s will give you a lot more bass. If you can, I'd go for it. Why not just keep the 1400 watt amp and get 2 Q12s?

I'm still confused with amps and wiring, I thought I'd need 2000 watts to power these subs? 1000 watts a piece per sub right? Wouldn't 1400 be underpowering them at 700 watts a piece at best?

You don't need a kW to power a Q.

When I auditioned one, 700W was perfect...

Or should I look for an amp that can provide more power and set the gain at 75 percent and what not so the amp doesn't overwork itself.
The amp works the same whether or not the gain setting is set at full, or barely turned.

JIMJ- so if 700W is enough for a 12Q why would my US AMPS AX600DE ( which Flakko says will put out 800W ) not be enough? just curious. sorry in advance for hi-jacking the thread.

After talking to Scott, 700 watts should be fine, it's not too bad, it won't get it as loud as it can go. But it will work fine without any issues.

Anyway guys got my Havocs, and my sundown amp soo, still debating on final displacement. Do I keep my 3-3.2 cubic net box or am I better off downsizing it? If two havocs are perfect at 2.4 cubic net, havocs should be too???

Or here,let me say this, is there any advantage with going smaller like 2.2-2.6 cubic net over my current 3.0-3.2 cubic net box or will it be a disadvantage? Or is my 3.2 cubic net box the best as it is now? And with the subs inside which take what .1 cubic net a piece it's going to be 2.8-3.0 for total displacement correct?

Edited by RemixPinoY

OK... cant seem to find it in my cursory reading of the post, but is the current box sealed? You can do 2.8 cuft after port and driver for ported tuned to 33Hz for the pair of them (just had a dealer do it and absolutely loved the setup). Nice and tight, flat response, from a rather small package.

Or sealed, I would lean towards the smaller side with 2.2 cuft before driver displacement. You can always add a littel polyfill if you feel the Qtc needs to go down more... although its already low.

Between the two Im now interested in trying the smaller ported setup (one of my employees said he will gladly swap out to test it). Given how happy the dealer and customer were with it... sounds like a solid small setup.

Thanks,

Scott

OK... cant seem to find it in my cursory reading of the post, but is the current box sealed? You can do 2.8 cuft after port and driver for ported tuned to 33Hz for the pair of them (just had a dealer do it and absolutely loved the setup). Nice and tight, flat response, from a rather small package.

Or sealed, I would lean towards the smaller side with 2.2 cuft before driver displacement. You can always add a littel polyfill if you feel the Qtc needs to go down more... although its already low.

Between the two Im now interested in trying the smaller ported setup (one of my employees said he will gladly swap out to test it). Given how happy the dealer and customer were with it... sounds like a solid small setup.

Thanks,

Scott

It's sealed right now around 3.0-3.2 cubes. Really 2.8 for two 12's ported wow small box haha, so it's pretty flat response? So it would be pretty similar to a sealed enclosure I take it + the extra boom. I'm debating so much about sealed and ported. To top it all off my shop sucks, been 4 months and giving me so much BS on completion on all this. Is that 2.2 for just one driver or is that for two? And could you fill me in on QTC, not too knowledgeable in that aspect. I'm guessing it's the frequency responses spiking in my car?

Hmm now you got me interested in ported, always thought I'd need at least 4 cubes if not more, but if 2.8 can pull it off I may go with that if possible...

Sign in to follow this