Sign in to follow this  
p_mcnaught

Is this to much power for this sub?

is this a stock BTL or a fully loaded BTL??? either way 3000 watts shouldn't be a problem for a BTL. fully loaded you can actually put quite a bit more on it, just don't be a n00b and go full gain with bass boost all day long every day.

I have heard the AX3200 can actually do around 4000 watts. If that is true, it might be ok if you are experienced and know what you are doing. . . .If not, I would guess that BTL may need a recone after a few weeks use with that kind of power. 4000 watts is a lot of power - don't care what kind of driver it is.

If you have the $$$, run (2) 15's in the same box you were going to have for the single 18. Plenty of power for a pair of BTL's, and less stress for a daily setup.

I have been doing this for a while. Im not like other people that turn there gains and bass boost all the way up just to get all they can out of a speaker. I barely use a bass boost when I do my systems. I always adjust my gains also to match the voltage output. I have learned from experince about maxing out gains and bass boost.

If your stupid with it yeah you'll break it. If you are conservative, tune your subsonics in the right places and don't do anything retarded you'll be fine.

Nothing wrong with headroom.

It all depends on how you are with the gain knob. If you konw what you're doing you can easily give the sub 4000 watts, but if you are unsure about it I would stick around 2000-3000. You can always turn the amp down.

Sign in to follow this