UndercoverPunk

I need new headphones.

look what I bought.

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

I have no justification into why I bought them honestly. I returned a suit today so with the money I had I thought to myself if I should buy Sunglasses or headphones lol, I earned it after finishing my trunk

These earplugs sound pretty dam good. lacks some on upper range but they extend SICK LOW! They stay clear while extending low(im talking sub low). Its like having subs.

its a bit uncomfortable with the silcon tips. i suggest buying the foam tip addons you can get i know i am going to

subheader.jpg

Edited by Megalomaniac

I've got some sennheiser HD212pro's and fell in love the first time I listened, they gave me chills from the amount of detail I was hearing. I vote for sennheiser's.

I have tried the Grado but I have always had problems with the way they sit on my ears and head. They always tended to move out of position with any head movement. I did like the way they sounded, even though I prefer the Sennheiser for detail and clarity.

Bob

I completely recabled them, new connector, white techflex over black heatshrink, the cables are twisted in the doubled up part... I dampened the chit out of the backs with foam to kill resonances and reflections, Removed everything between my ears and the drivers (except the grille cloth).

That's all on top of the previous cutting I've done. The recabling's main purpose was to have equal runs of wire to each driver, as the OEM wiring went in one side, through the headband and to the other driver. That gave me around a .8-.9 difference between drivers.... which wasn't going to work for me.

I wanna hear a stock set of these now so I can A-B it.

I completely recabled them, new connector, white techflex over black heatshrink, the cables are twisted in the doubled up part... I dampened the chit out of the backs with foam to kill resonances and reflections, Removed everything between my ears and the drivers (except the grille cloth).

That's all on top of the previous cutting I've done. The recabling's main purpose was to have equal runs of wire to each driver, as the OEM wiring went in one side, through the headband and to the other driver. That gave me around a .8-.9 difference between drivers.... which wasn't going to work for me.

I wanna hear a stock set of these now so I can A-B it.

looks like you used the wrong size techflex. i see lots of sagging, its not tight enough. :( fix it noob :P

Missed the first sentence... that's rough guy. ;):P

The techflex is appropriately sized and tight, the wire is just twisted.

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

Since when did you become an SQueer? :D

Nice work. Next you should do solid wooden cups :D

Just ordered the HD555 for myself. Take any pictures of the in-progress of your mods?

well my vmoda silcon jacket snapped a lil bit about half way through. there case sucks, it creates a pretty big kink and since the silcon is fairly thick and rigid it snapped, cable is intact but a little electrical tape helped. i couldnt use heatshrink because i couldnt get the heatshrink tube to fit past the headphone jack. and i wasnt about to cut the cable. I went ahead and wrapped the cable in techflex in hopes to prevent this problem. i will post pictures when my camera comes home from bro.

Edited by Megalomaniac

Are you joking? I thought the whole reason for buying them from apple was their good return policy.

I'd be pissed.

Nope, I would have to ship directly to Vmoda for coverage & im sure ti will be labeled as "customer abuse" so it would just get sent back to me at my expense :/

Still functions fine. The techflex helped a lot not from any further damage too(it doesnt allow the cable to pinch all the way)

look what I bought.

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

I have no justification into why I bought them honestly. I returned a suit today so with the money I had I thought to myself if I should buy Sunglasses or headphones lol, I earned it after finishing my trunk

These earplugs sound pretty dam good. lacks some on upper range but they extend SICK LOW! They stay clear while extending low(im talking sub low). Its like having subs.

its a bit uncomfortable with the silcon tips. i suggest buying the foam tip addons you can get i know i am going to

subheader.jpg

Whoa dude you got ripped off. I bought the exact headphones online for $75 shipped. But I'm sure your happy. BTW anyone who wants a review on these headphones I stand with the crowd. They are really nice. Rich sound, and excellent bass response. I would buy them again.

they are $75 now at stores I saw at Frys. However im not a complainer too much on price, as you already know i spend a ton of money on jeans as is lol.

btw i posted a review on Audiojunkies a few weeks ago on them, I didnt give it a perfect score because it did/does have some faults. I also discovered(after i wrote review) that Vmoda intentionally made them not to play real high because it would fatigue your ears quickly :)

they are $75 now at stores I saw at Frys. However im not a complainer too much on price, as you already know i spend a ton of money on jeans as is lol.

btw i posted a review on Audiojunkies a few weeks ago on them, I didnt give it a perfect score because it did/does have some faults. I also discovered(after i wrote review) that Vmoda intentionally made them not to play real high because it would fatigue your ears quickly :)

That is a feature I would live to see more often. With in ear, I always buy midbass heave IEM sets. I'm really looing into the new sure top end.... I just cn't bring myself to spend 1000 and another 200 on a ear mold for the other top of the heap