Sign in to follow this  
jdizzle

a flakko question about the xt4000d

is this amp realllllly under rated or sumthing 1.5k at 1ohm...for a 4k D?

this isn't just for flakko lol anyone else can chime in it was just bothering me why its marked 4000d and its power is 1.5k

is this amp realllllly under rated or sumthing 1.5k at 1ohm...for a 4k D?

this isn't just for flakko lol anyone else can chime in it was just bothering me why its marked 4000d and its power is 1.5k

lol i dont think the power is even 1.5k. you should get about 1200w out of it (i can't stop griping about hte absurd power handling usamps put on the XT series...just be freakin honest. It's called the 4000D becaues its the name of the amp? i dont know lol. its one of those amps usamps puts out to sell to the average consumer, the yea dawg i got 3000w max in my trunk bumping some sony xplods, ya know mass production. There IS a market for htem too ya know, and usamps decided to penetrate that. but none the less, it is a very solid performer for the money.

The naming convention is to tap into some of the marketing hype... since that is what sells more in store front dealers.

As for the XT series, I like my 2000d, although its just collecting dust for now.

The naming convention is to tap into some of the marketing hype... since that is what sells more in store front dealers.

ahhh okay i got ya now...i just love the look of the Xt series....reminds me of the oldschool days

ahhh okay i got ya now...i just love the look of the Xt series....reminds me of the oldschool days

its a great performer....once you get away from the exaggerated power ratings. The new merlin series = oldschool look as well :)

its a great performer....once you get away from the exaggerated power ratings. The new merlin series = oldschool look as well :)

me likey old skewl fing05.gif

4000D, about 800wrms on a good day.

Worst US Amps amp ive owned, the 1600.4 is capable of more power.

Probably a bit more than that.

I cant find any pictures of the fuses...probably for a good reason too

Did you actually bench it at those numbers?

Did you actually bench it at those numbers?

Nope.

Basic ohms law and a conservative efficiency of 70% iirc

yea i wont believe those guesses until i see an actual bench

edit: OR get a number from dirk...cuz dirk gives it to ya straight

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/in...cf8df18f8b09b56

I see 3 25A fuses

14.4Vx75A=1080W X 80%(because no amp is 100% efficient)= 806W

Unless there are some "hidden fuses" anything over 800w is simply not happening.

Them be like some of the old RF Punch amps. The 800a2 is supposed to put out 800w @ 4 ohms, yet RF says use a 60A fuse. 14.4x60=864 X 80% = 691w. Hmmmm, interesting eh?

Back OT, 4,000 is probably max rating :D

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/in...cf8df18f8b09b56

I see 3 25A fuses

14.4Vx75A=1080W X 80%(because no amp is 100% efficient)= 806W

Unless there are some "hidden fuses" anything over 800w is simply not happening.

if its like the md3 then they fuses inside too. HOWEVER these line of amps are known to be Overrated, Usamps agrees too.

they bench at 932 rms (xt 4k)

Edited by Megalomaniac

Well looking at the US Amps webpage, it shows the XT4000 gets the 4,000 from its dynamic power i.e. max rating. If that's the case, how much voltage is required to obtain 4kw at any time. I'm not engineer, but I'm sure some sort of calculations would have to be made to figure out max rating, possibly the peak on a benchtest? If I'm not mistaken, the amp would require 53.3V (at 100% efficiency, to put out 4,000w.

Well looking at the US Amps webpage, it shows the XT4000 gets the 4,000 from its dynamic power i.e. max rating. If that's the case, how much voltage is required to obtain 4kw at any time. I'm not engineer, but I'm sure some sort of calculations would have to be made to figure out max rating, possibly the peak on a benchtest? If I'm not mistaken, the amp would require 53.3V (at 100% efficiency, to put out 4,000w.

it would need 400 amps(guestamating) of current to i dont think its possible on them fuses...

lightning would have to strike

Its kinda funny.. I called asked the US amps tech about this..He said its due to the topology of the amp..I said "o really!?!?! what kind of topology is that?". He said ours. Also could not give me a straight answer on how they defy ohms law.. I asked him about the MD3, he didnt know about the fuses inside since he said they were fused with 120 amp fuse (the ones on the outside of the amps only, not fuses behind the heat sink). Dont really know what happened and why they defy ohms law, but they just do.. RF did this to a few people in know also..They just made some ohm lay defying amps.. :woot: