UNIT 6639

Konaki recone kit

I just bought a brand new Konaki 12", I plan to recone it down to a 10" and run a pair daily off my kx2500.1, I would like to get a shipped quote to 26851 for a 10" DVC 2 ohm kit, I would also need a 10" basket and rubber gasket and FI dust cap, I know they are included but I would like to get one with the FI logo on it.

I plan to run 1200 watts to each Konaki 10" once I get them reconed, I dont know what coils or kit Scott or FI would use but I need/want something that will take 1200 watts rms, and be good for a daily type install.

I tried pm'ing Scott but his box is full, pm sent to NDmustang :)

Don't send pm's man, they don't pop up on my pda and i never see them...

I know we can recone it, however i don't know how big of a coil they use or how big the gaps are on those motors as we have not reconed one yet...

Sorry, thats why I started the thread even though I pm'ed you, they take 3" coils, I dont know about the gap though, they are DD 9500G knock offs.

Jacob from Sundown reconed his with RE parts from teampsi. I got a quote for parts from teampsi but I still need baskets and such.

I figured, if I am going to buy baskets from FI I may as well see how much a recone kit will be.

imo, it would be best for them to get a motor and setup a recone kit around it, rather than not know height to glue the former to the cone or spiders or something of the sort :D

you should send them the motor on one so they can have the stats of that laying around somewhere ;) then you could possibly order recones down the road or other weirdo's could :lol: j/k

Gap is pretty massive Nick :) Wider than the DD 9500G gap, easily fits a pretty hefty 8-layer round-wire copper coil.

i'm sure jacob has a digital caliper, if not you can always buy one from harbour freight for like $20. it makes this all much easier :)

i'm sure jacob has a digital caliper, if not you can always buy one from harbour freight for like $20. it makes this all much easier :)

wouldn't you still have to set the heights? like Jacob said, gap is huge so any ole coils should fit...

Jacob - I take it you recommend a fat copper to add enough weight to drop the FS?

I think FI could make a few good coins if they got ahold of a motor and were making drop in recones for these :D probably gonna help alot of people who're numb enough to get them LOL

Gap is pretty massive Nick :) Wider than the DD 9500G gap, easily fits a pretty hefty 8-layer round-wire copper coil.

Thanks Jacob for responding in this thread, being that you have reconed the Konaki motor already I was thinking someone from FI could get an idea from your thread.

Still waiting on a reply, teampsi has already sent me his info where I can send payment, but I still need baskets :(

Has someone sent one to FI or do I need to post the gap dimensions ? I have four more of those motors in the shop.

Has someone sent one to FI or do I need to post the gap dimensions ? I have four more of those motors in the shop.

I do not think anyone has shipped one off to Fi, I would be more than happy to ship mine to FI and let Scott have at it! But feel free to post the gap dims, I still think someone should send one to the shop, it makes sense, there will be alot of people looking for kits for them.

Its no big deal for me to ship one of mine to Fi, I have a couple of other subs to run in the mean time! As soon as FI gets back to me witht the details I get to shipping it off to them!

Edited by UNIT 6639

Nothing i can do man Scott is out of town for the holiday..

I think Nick got this one straight with you.

Motor can be sent to:

Fi Car Audio

Attn: Scott

5480 Cameron St #107

Las Vegas NV 89118

We will get you taken care of :)

Thanks,

Scott

Yup, Nick is the man, thank you so much Nick, and thanks for not getting upset with my constant nagging :) . I sent Nick another pm with a question.

I asked if it would be possible for me to send in both my Konaki's and get the same discount or am I asking too much? I had a 15" on the way and it arrived yesterday so now I have a 12" Konaki and a 15" one.

They are both brand new and are in 100% working order, I am wondering if I should tear them down to save myself the shipping cost or if you guys want me to send the sub in as is, I dont know, maybe you guys could have fun blowing them before reconing??

My worry is, will I be able to get the baskets off once I cut the soft parts out, I am sure I could get the motors into a flat rate box for shipping and save myself a buck, what do you guys think?

If u have no use for the baskets then IMO

WALL SOCKET SUBS

SEND MOTORS TO FI FOR RE-CONING

POST PICS AND SPECS

J

Well, I cut out the soft parts, that was the easy part, screws were a B to get out, 4 came out with a little bit of muscle applied, 2 stripped when said muscle was used.

I drilled off the heads but the basket still wont come of, I am thinking I didnt drill deep enough the seperate the basket and motor, but, my drill went dead.

So, I have to continue tommorow after work when the battery is fully charged. I am not looking forward to tearing down the 15" Konaki I have :( .

I tried abusing it off 2500 watts this morning on the way in to work, it sucked up the power and didnt quit!

sorry for double post but are they double or triple stack magnets>?

I'm pretty sure they're triple stacked. motor is somewhere ~ 45 pounds.