Sign in to follow this  
ss-audio

4 SAZ3000Ds on my LMS Ultras 18s

Alright guys.

you have all seen the videos....

The LMS 18s laughed at two memphis 4kws (8000 watts rms)

Can they handle 4 saz3000Ds with 2 strapped on each one at 1 ohm?

still waiting on the new ones from tc sounds and paying off two more SAZ3000Ds...

Edited by ss-audio

Cool cant wait to hear it Mike hopefuly either you get a chance to come down to a show in South west Ohio or I get to come up to one of Sams shows

did I miss them? do you have vids of the woofers and a few shots from the outside of the car? Looks like some crazy flex..

btw, like your username ;)

thanks guys

SSaudio stands for singer and scibana (a close friend of mine that I tried to go into business with awhile ago)

we both pursued other things so I kept it as my competitor name.

I put a lot of hard work into my vehicle and much more for next year. the LMS woofers were in the low 150s on the TL (on the dash) while still being tuned in the 30hz range with minimal port volume. these truly are amazing woofers. I should be at many more shows for next year representing the new woofers and sundown amps. I have received two and they already seem like they kill the memphis mojo amps for power abilities and efficiency.

Edited by ss-audio

Ummmmmm got any pics of the amps ? installed , batterys used ? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

He's still waiting on more equipment to come in, he mentions it in his first post.

I can't wait to hear this, going to put my 18 xxx sealed to shame, lol.

Oh well, I'll just be pumped to see your setup, let alone here it!

i will take a pic of the wiring in the hatch with the two amps and post it soon. i was able to hide all my kinetiks (three 2400s under the box) two 1800s behind the front seats (covered by a plate i made) one 2400 and 2000 under the hood. took the airbox out to fit them. only exposed batteries will be two group 34 optimas that i leave out on purpose for wiring. found a new bass race song for the new tuning. car should bass 150s easy with the new amps on 35hz. i just hope nothing important breaks.

stop by the shop sometime. I have had a triple x 18 on display and always wanted to see what one can do! or the new orion HCCA....

Edited by ss-audio

Did Kyle say if the Ultra's were that different from the older originals. Just wondering what he told you about the subs, cuz i've read a lot of different things.

Did Kyle say if the Ultra's were that different from the older originals. Just wondering what he told you about the subs, cuz i've read a lot of different things.

they are different.. i talked with kyle fairly extensivly about the audiopulse drivers.. newer spiders with thicker leads, the id on the coils was made smaller, the od stayed the same. also some form of "heatsinking" was put into the coils, and cones, which are now aluminum. a few other changes as well..

from I was told if these went head to head wioth the original lms subs the new ones will blow them away in terms of power management and durability

Ummmmmm got any pics of the amps ? installed , batterys used ? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::ttiwwop:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::ttiwwop:

I will take one tonight of the amps. Thilo Stompler informed me he can get the new parts out to me with the older cones temperarly for my december comp in indiana. I've been working 11 hour shifts at the shop all week fiberglassing doors for customers. should have some time tonight though to upload a picture of the inside. Jake I should prob. have some more cash for you this week too.

Edited by s-saudio

Ok there are to many ssaudio's on ssaudio. ;)

Sorry my car needed a bath tonight and i just got off work. heres the first two in the hatch. box is still at the shop waiting for the new top assemblies. only optimas are pictured, the kinetik batteries are through the entire car (backseat is torn out and 5 are under a floorplate i made in there (other two are under the hood for now). The entire back of the car has been hardened with deadening and expanding foam underneath all the panels. I wanted to make sure nothing was going to come loose since the last setup ripped half my pressure clips out of some of the panels (talk about a annoying sound). roof has now been deadened and some small places that leaked air in the hatch as well. second windshield is still broke. not much sense in replacing it when im adding more power.

l_3fa466deb1f45e890e071cbb8d700305.jpg

l_3d3b4dd095f2594e2424a398ab7857ac.jpg

Edited by ss-audio

they are different.. i talked with kyle fairly extensivly about the audiopulse drivers.. newer spiders with thicker leads, the id on the coils was made smaller, the od stayed the same. also some form of "heatsinking" was put into the coils, and cones, which are now aluminum. a few other changes as well..

Thicker leads...glad they realized those needed to be changed. Heard it wasn't uncommon to have issues with those. I owned several TC subs (probably around 6 or 7) and never had any issues with them, however I did fool around with a proto sub and the leads couldn't take the power...got too hot and snapped.

On another note, I look forward to your install. Loved watching those videos :D

Give me a call tomorrow if you get the chance. The 18s are on the way. Ill work out payment with you on the last amp.

-Mike

thats freekin Sweet... :slayer:

i want 2 SAZ 3000d

i have 2 SAZ 1500d for now...

I hooked up one of the 3Kd's up on two RE 8" subwoofers and put them in bass tubes at the shop today just for laughs. They bassraced a 140 and burped a 143.2. I can't believe each one took 1500 watts without a problem (they were hot though) one of the other techs here has a USamps md3d (3000 watts RMS or somewhere in there) on 3 12" eclipse 8200s in his cavalier and its doing the same numbers. this is hilarious I will try and get a video of them up

Edited by ss-audio

i want 2 SAZ 3000d

I hooked up one of the 3Kd's up on two RE 8" subwoofers and put them in bass tubes at the shop today just for laughs. They bassraced a 140 and burped a 143.2. I can't believe each one took 1500 watts without a problem (they were hot though) one of the other techs here has a USamps md3d (3000 watts RMS or somewhere in there) on 3 12" eclipse 8200s in his cavalier and its doing the same numbers. this is hilarious I will try and get a video of them up

if that cavaliers out of the trunk he has too many subs in there with 2 mojo 12s on one 3000D I was able to pull a 146.6 subs back port out the side

i want 2 SAZ 3000d

if that cavaliers out of the trunk he has too many subs in there with 2 mojo 12s on one 3000D I was able to pull a 146.6 subs back port out the side

agreed

2 12's is by far the best for most trunks because it allows more airspace for the woofers and usually more room for airflow back to the front of the car (versus a large QTY of woofers getting less power,less airspace, and being crammed all together and choked inside a trunk. I see way too many people do this. Since you are only working with 5 or 6 cubic feet its way better to have the airspace instead of a high numbers of woofers. he doesn't seem to understand that. he just ordered 4 RE SE 12s that he is going to throw in now because he wants to be louder then my two 8's. After he crams all four of his subs in that tiny trunk of his he is going to be pissed when I get his car louder with half his woofers in a ported box. it def. cracks us up to see people who think they are loud just because they have more woofers :)

Edited by ss-audio

Sign in to follow this