Sign in to follow this  
ss-audio

4 SAZ3000Ds on my LMS Ultras 18s

ya Ill admit a wile back I had 2 15s subs up port forward it was so choked off it wasnt funny best score came trunk and doors open

ya Ill admit a wile back I had 2 15s subs up port forward it was so choked off it wasnt funny best score came trunk and doors open

This was a long azz time ago but could you tell I once had the same problem? this setup his the lows hard for a trunk car but only did a 144 on the termlab. This was in the trunk of my civic

n23307042_31314787_6720.jpg

What date was the Indiana Comp? I might make the trip just so I can hear your setup.

thanks guys

that sounds good

I am cutting it close on the amplifiers.. jake is shipping my last two wednesday the 26th and the show is the 30th (29th is just qualifying). It would be great if anyone could meet me there. I will get details on the exact location from kent at h and k car audio. I tossed one of the 18s in at 1 ohm on a sundown last night after I finished the other car at the shop. needless to say just the one sounds damn impressive even in some piece of crap box i had layin around the shop. If shipping is on schedule which I doubt because of the holiday I should get the amps the 29th. just enough time to drop em in for the 30th. The last two i ordered arrived in 3 business days. i hope these do to. Fuller is sick right now so I don't know when he is going to be shipping them wednesday...

Edited by ss-audio

Mike

question

seems you've tried a lot of enclosure configurations...

I have a scion tC hatch

what puts up better numbers

sub up port up

sub up port back

What is good for daily tuned about 32 hz...

Mike

question

I have a scion tC hatch

sub up port up

sub up port back

Any hatchback vehicle I have ever tried firing the port up in with the woofer has not worked too well unless I am tuning over 45hz. Keep in mind this is just a generalization because all cars have different peaks. If you can get away with firing the woofers back with the ports that is what will work best. In a TC is doubt that would be happening though if your working with 15s or 18's.

Edited by ss-audio

Mike

question

I have a scion tC hatch

sub up port up

sub up port back

Any hatchback vehicle I have ever tried firing the port up in with the woofer has not worked too well unless I am tuning over 45hz. Keep in mind this is just a generalization because all cars have different peaks. If you can get away with firing the woofers back with the ports that is what will work best. In a TC is doubt that would be happening though if your working with 15s or 18's.

A 12" woofer is a tight squeeze in height in a tC firing back. The hatch narrows down in height near the back, so getting anything large in a tC with a proper alignment is tough.

well theres a vid of his new lms on 1 sundown 3000d but ill let him do the honors of posting it up since its his thread. SS? you think the sundowns are gonna be louder judging by the 1 on the single lms?

Strat what do you recommend since it seems you've played with a TC....

any adivce on getting it loud

Sub up port up

sub up port back

Thanks for lending a little insight i really don't have time to make two boxes and experiment...

Edited by theabunai

well theres a vid of his new lms on 1 sundown 3000d but ill let him do the honors of posting it up since its his thread. SS? you think the sundowns are gonna be louder judging by the 1 on the single lms?

Thats the million dollar question. From what I have researched online the a memphis 16-mcd4kw against a sundown loses. Not to mention those amps were fairly inefficient. There are too many other factors in my vehicle that have changed to do an accurate test. Yes, I could try just two sundowns on two of the 18's but it will also be on the LMS Ultra line not not the regular LMS woofers. So with tuning being different, the parts in my woofers being different, I couldn't give an accurate comparison. The link to the video should be on one of my other threads. For how well the new one is performing it is still being heavily unpowered compared to the LMS line.

According to Fuller if I am dropping to 12 Volts with the amplifiers strapped it will actually be close to 9000 RMS per woofer, because it drops the load to .5 the way his amps strap.

heres the link to the video of the one off one sundown at 1 ohm right now. Have not had the time to mic it yet.

Edited by ss-audio

Lots of power will be on tap no matter how you look at it :) Impedance rise will determine actual power output at a given frequency, as always.

Sub up port up

sub up port back

Thanks for lending a little insight i really don't have time to make two boxes and experiment...

I remember how small that car really is in the back. Are you trying to keep the entire setup in the rear hatch or are you looking to use the back seat also?

Sub up port up

sub up port back

I remember how small that car really is in the back. Are you trying to keep the entire setup in the rear hatch or are you looking to use the back seat also?

I ripped out the foam that rises the trunk floor up about 8" so i gained 8" depth on the trunk

I can fit MAX airspace about 5.2

after displacements i got my airspace down to 4.1 for 2 12's

problem is they can only face up or forward...

Good thing is the entire roof is made of thick glass....

So i was wondering which would sound better

sub up port up or sub up port back...

Sub up port up

sub up port back

I ripped out the foam that rises the trunk floor up about 8" so i gained 8" depth on the trunk

I can fit MAX airspace about 5.2

after displacements i got my airspace down to 4.1 for 2 12's

problem is they can only face up or forward...

Good thing is the entire roof is made of thick glass....

So i was wondering which would sound better

sub up port up or sub up port back...

Most def. fire the port back. You want the main wave firing into some type of area of resonation with your tuning that low. It would sounds almost like free air if you had everyting firing up.

well its about three in the morning and i just got home from the shop.

everything is in. all four amps on both ultras. The efficiency of these amps is impressive. driving around close to full tilt i never saw anything less then 13volts. the output is distgusting. I can't imagine how this is going to sound when i tune the box back to 30hz. 35 right now is really painful to sit in the car.

Sign in to follow this