Sign in to follow this  
mrbarky09

2 12" SSDs

In the near future I am going to get 2 12" SSDs with copper coil option and a sundown SAZ1500D. For the box I was planning on having the subs hit up and the port back but I'm also taking any opinions on that. Also I might make a sealed box as well for these. I'm going for overall sound quality and just wanted to know what you guys think about the whole thing. Thanks.

I think a sealed box for those subs would be perfect...

I think you should define overall sound quality as 2 pairs of kappas and 2 12's with 1500w isn't the normal definition...

Well I guess I'm going for LSQ here. I won't really be in any comps but I want something that will be pretty loud at a decent quality. Also, could be scrapping the kappas and hopefully doing an 8 speaker system with 2 4 channels but I'm not sure what speakers and amps yet so I guess i'm taking suggestions on that too. But my budget isn't exactly too high, I'm only 16 and out of a job until spring.

Edited by 96 sc2

Well I guess I'm going for LSQ here.

If you don't have SQ, how can you have a loud version of it? :)

8 speakers? Unless you're doing 5.1 surround, why?

Hm I don't know, i'm just trying to think what I could get for 2 pairs of compoents and an amp at a decent budget(around 150ish per pair) Does anyone have any suggestions?

edit: I thought of a possible option of 2 pairs of Diamond Audio D661a and a SAX-100.4 to power them. It would be a more expensive setup but I think it would be worth the wait. What do you guys think of that to go with the SSD's?

Edited by 96 sc2

Hm I don't know, i'm just trying to think what I could get for 2 pairs of compoents and an amp at a decent budget(around 150ish per pair) Does anyone have any suggestions?

edit: I thought of a possible option of 2 pairs of Diamond Audio D661a and a SAX-100.4 to power them. It would be a more expensive setup but I think it would be worth the wait. What do you guys think of that to go with the SSD's?

why do you want two sets of comps? get a good set for the front, feed them good clean power and you'll be laughing.

why do you want two sets of comps? get a good set for the front, feed them good clean power and you'll be laughing.

Yeah.. I was kinda looking to the RE XXX's. Would a pair of those be a good choice? Also, what kind of power can they handle?

Yeah.. I was kinda looking to the RE XXX's. Would a pair of those be a good choice? Also, what kind of power can they handle?

Usually in a sound quality set up, you don't want to hear the rear speakers interfere with your fronts. So usually people recommend either running nothing in the rear, or an inexpensive set of quality speakers if you must for your rear passengers. But if you must run rears like I do, just tune them power wise low enough so you don't hear them, but loud enough for the others to enjoy. Coaxial speakers in the rear are fine as well, just get one set of components for the fronts.

In the near future I am going to get 2 12" SSDs with copper coil option and a sundown SAZ1500D. For the box I was planning on having the subs hit up and the port back but I'm also taking any opinions on that. Also I might make a sealed box as well for these. I'm going for overall sound quality and just wanted to know what you guys think about the whole thing. Thanks.

Sounds like a nice settup. I'd definately go sealed.

Sign in to follow this