Sign in to follow this  
Tacosys

Larger amplifers?

Jacob I was wondering do you plan on coming out with a larger SAZ model anytime in the near future? I am strongly considering buying 2 more SAZ-3000D's, but if you are planning on coming out with maybe a SAZ-6000D :D I may hold off for a while.

Jacob I was wondering do you plan on coming out with a larger SAZ model anytime in the near future? I am strongly considering buying 2 more SAZ-3000D's, but if you are planning on coming out with maybe a SAZ-6000D :D I may hold off for a while.

Not in the very near future, no.

Sometime next year? Maybe. If so, it would be towards the END of next year most likely.

PS: If you want a 3000D with the current style heat-sink please do it soon. Only four remain in stock that are ready to ship -- e-mail me for more information.

Out of curiosity

Will the heatsink change also have some interior changes as well?

I ask beacuse on the Crossfire BMF 1000D's, you couldn't strap a 2 fin and a 3 fin amp.

J

Out of curiosity

Will the heatsink change also have some interior changes as well?

I ask beacuse on the Crossfire BMF 1000D's, you couldn't strap a 2 fin and a 3 fin amp.

J

Not this time. They are 100% compatible with one another still.

Good to hear man.

Damn good to hear.

J

I get people asking me about big amps alot lately. Of course, the market outside of the SPL scene is incredibly small so it's not a huge priority at this time. I'd like to do it, but many other things will come first.

I can see that. Makes sense man.

Gotta go where the demand is. Get Sundown big.

J

A 6000D would be a nice competitor for some of the larger power amps out there. But I agree, market is small for SPL as opposed to the general need of consumers. A 10000D would be nice, lol...but thats just insane

Honestly though, with the 3000D coming close to putting out 8kw all by itself under the right circumstances.. why does he need to build a bigger amp??

Honestly though, with the 3000D coming close to putting out 8kw all by itself under the right circumstances.. why does he need to build a bigger amp??

My thoughts as well. I mean damn if you need more power just strap a couple of 3000s :)

Not to change the subject but has anyone looked at the kicker site ? They have a 10,000w ,3 ft L ,18"w 67 lb amp called ,get this generic crap drum rolllllllllllllllllllllll "war horse" ,I mean come on they could have come up with a better name then that.and I'm sure it will cost as much as a new car .I think I'll stay with Sundown Audio SAZ :Doh:

I agree with Jake 100% on this subject.

Even tho teh 3000ds have been sellin like hotcakes.

Anything more, wont be able to sell well on a dealer front. Which is Sundowns biggest market.

Competing is slowly going down teh drain anyways. Alot of people are gettin out of it, simple because of all teh time put in and get nothing out it but a 2 foot tall trophie.

Not to change the subject but has anyone looked at the kicker site ? They have a 10,000w ,3 ft L ,18"w 67 lb amp called ,get this generic crap drum rolllllllllllllllllllllll "war horse" ,I mean come on they could have come up with a better name then that.and I'm sure it will cost as much as a new car .I think I'll stay with Sundown Audio SAZ :Doh:

Teh warhorse is really a great designed amp. I give kicker credit there. And, they prolly will sell a pretty g00d many of them, just by having teh kicker name on it.

But teh market on them are very slim.

Teh more and more big amps that come out, teh cheaper they will become, and teh more popular.

Hell n00bs today, mess up with 1,000rms, what makes people think they will be able to handle 10k?

Edited by ford302redneck

as far as sundown making a larger amp, I think people just want to say they have a "6,000 watt amp". so here's what ya do. get two 3000saz strap them ,go to a sign place and have a sticker made that say's" 6,000watts" and call it a day. save jacob the headache he's already got alot of projects on his plate and personally I want him to get his subs out .and as a dealer a 6,000w or 10,000 watt amp just is not reasonable.

Edited by TRZ

as far as sundown making a larger amp, I think people just want to say they have a "6,000 watt amp". so here's what ya do. get two 3000saz strap them ,go to a sign place and have a sticker made that say's" 6,000watts" and call it a day. save jacob the headache he's already got alot of projects on his plate and personally I want him to get his subs out .and as a dealer a 6,000w or 10,000 watt amp just is not reasonable. just think of the returns due to idiots hooking them up with 20' of 8 ga wire ,and ow yes they would, believe me

Dude, did u just miss my posts?

But 90% of teh people that own a 3000d dont care having it say, 3000rms.

They just wont it to do 3000rms+.

So I hafta say that is teh stupidest thang Ive ever heard.

as far as sundown making a larger amp, I think people just want to say they have a "6,000 watt amp". so here's what ya do. get two 3000saz strap them ,go to a sign place and have a sticker made that say's" 6,000watts" and call it a day. save jacob the headache he's already got alot of projects on his plate and personally I want him to get his subs out .and as a dealer a 6,000w or 10,000 watt amp just is not reasonable. just think of the returns due to idiots hooking them up with 20' of 8 ga wire ,and ow yes they would, believe me

must have missed it, checked um don't seem to find anything about "90% of teh people", or "just want amps ta do 3000rms". almost every month some one posts wanting sundown to build a larger amp .think it would cost sundown a lot of money to tool a new amp for a few amount of individuals. as far as kicker design being great don't really know .not an EE but the name could have been much better that I do know.

must have missed it, checked um don't seem to find anything about "90% of teh people", or "just want amps ta do 3000rms". almost every month some one posts wanting sundown to build a larger amp .think it would cost sundown a lot of money to tool a new amp for a few amount of individuals. as far as kicker design being great don't really know .not an EE but the name could have been much better that I do know.

lol.

Just cause 12 people a year, wants a bigger amp, doesnt make it a real issue.

I dont understand why your arguing with me?

Ive stated pretty much how Jake feels in my other posts??

If somebody needs 10,000rms, they need to buy 4 3000ds. Simple as that. Or move to another company. Im not sugguesting anybody to do that, but If Sundown doesnt corrently offer your needs, I guess its not for you.