Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

what sundown amp should i use! please help

ok here it is

i have a goliath that im sick of! allways at the shop.

i have 2 15 FI audio fully loaded bl's with the daily option the box is 6 cubic ft vented at 33hrz

0.70 ohms at the amp

a 200 amp alt, 3 yellow tops and 0 gauge althe way around

the way i see it is i can get a 1500 watt.. and it should push these subs well,,, and if not.. ill buy a second 1500, and strap them to get more power,

or

i can get a 3000 watt.. and be in the same boat as i am now, relying on the one amp, and then if it breaks i got nothing until the repair is done

but will the 1500 indeed push these subs alone, just one? or will i have to get get straped?

what do yall think thanks!

I doubt a 3000d will break on you, and if it does, it wont take long to get you a new one.

Also 1 1500d will do teh job. It will but not great.

If you only wanna use 1 1500d, Id go with a pair of SSDs with flatwind.

Edited by ford302redneck

I doubt a 3000d will break on you, and if it does, it wont take long to get you a new one.

Also 1 1500d will do teh job. It will but not great.

If you only wanna use 1 1500d, Id go with a pair of SSDs with flatwind.

thanks for the reply, well i already have the bl's and i thought i had a amp that would be up to the task, but i was wrong, have you ran your 1500 below 1 ohm?

or ever needed to have work done on your sundown?

Big difference in reliability between a crap goliath and a sundown. Personally whenever possible I'd recommend the bigger amp, why have 2 when one will do?

What's your impedence after box rise? And what type of electrical have you done?

I'd assume you've done a bit of upgrading if you ran the goliath.

What's your impedence after box rise? And what type of electrical have you done?

im not sure how how i mesure after the box rise. when the subs are in the box thay are .70 ohms at the amp, i have a 200 amp alt, and 3 yellow top batts

im not sure how how i mesure after the box rise. when the subs are in the box thay are .70 ohms at the amp, i have a 200 amp alt, and 3 yellow top batts

IMHO 3000D all the way. They are not prone to breaking for no reason and Jake has about the best customer service in the industry...

IMHO 3000D all the way. They are not prone to breaking for no reason and Jake has about the best customer service in the industry...

Indeed, the 3000D has proven VERY reliable in the field. I also pride myself on customer service.

Sign in to follow this