Sign in to follow this  
thumpnD2s

SPL shootout in mooresville

hey there is an SPL shoot out at the drag strip in mooresville aug. 1st. its the imports gone wild show and im thinkin that 4 of the sid2 15s will have to rip the mic apart but im needing a box for them so anyone in the area willing to spare a little time to help build this monster in an exploder please let nick or i know. if i have money left from the box mat. and the other 2 subs i will supply some drinks ;) .

*UPDATE* i some how broke a line up peg on a dash panel last night from the 2 SI D2 15s :D

How many amps does your alternator spew out :o

200A? 300?

Bet this setup comes dang near (or whops) the english dude which has 4x15" RE XXX off of 2 TRU SH-1 in his ride :D

Excursion pics from 4 15" D2's doing lotsa db's would be oh-so nice :D

Bring a camera!

if your alt is stock then how do you plan on sending any decent amount of wattage to the subs? you need to send like 1200 + to each of those bad boys to really tear it up. and from the little that i know i dont think any stock alt is going to be able to support 4800 watts. maybe i'm reading something wrong but that's just my opinion.

You're right, it won't support all that the amp is capable of. But as of now it is painfully loud even with the stock alt and such.

if your alt is stock then how do you plan on sending any decent amount of wattage to the subs? you need to send like 1200 + to each of those bad boys to really tear it up. and from the little that i know i dont think any stock alt is going to be able to support 4800 watts. maybe i'm reading something wrong but that's just my opinion.

a stock alt isnt going to give much juice, but it will give enough to get loud. and you really dont need 1200 watts to each of them to get them going.

stock exlorer alt and 1700 watts did a 156 using SI 12"s(at least thats what i heard ;) ). the 15"s should get nasty loud in the right enclosure :)

Edited by hoss

yo, me steve here. i will gladly help you with your box building. i heard your car this friday infront of the movies. awsome, i wish i would of had my car to pull up and show of my d2's. damn police wont let me drive after 9 o'clock, cause im a youngin.

nick and the explorer dude check your pm's.

yo, me steve here. i will gladly help you with your box building. i heard your car this friday infront of the movies. awsome, i wish i would of had my car to pull up and show of my d2's. damn police wont let me drive after 9 o'clock, cause im a youngin.

nick and the explorer dude check your pm's.

Well damn, the one night I'm not there and you show up :)

just a little update i am going with just the 2 in the exploder cause we think it will be just as loud due to the lack af box vol. (damm family ride) avaible but its all good we will still get this thing rockin i hope to be starting on it very soon and steve you should have stoped i would have let you see what i have ill be out there again thursday night about 800 so all who wants to see and hear are more than welcome to. and as far as voltage goes i know them things dont need much power cause when i first got them i had a visonik v800xd on them at 2 ohm and it pounded pretty damm good :slayer:

steve i should be working on the box sat at nicks not sure what time ill be there but you more than welcome to call me or nick

Don't need a ton of power to get loud...........

Marshall (Black00) is doing 150's at the HEADREST on the TermLab with 4 tempests and 1kw......

Edited by k-mart