KickinAudio

Toyota Corolla

Build log for my corolla. I started this weekend with much help from Buzz Thompson. I write in more detail when I have more time.

The setup planned will consist of:

Pioneer Premeir DEH-P980BT

Kicker QS60.2 Components

Kicker SX900.4

Kicker SX900.2

Kicker SXRC

Excessive Amperage 150amp Alt

Over 200sq feet of Second Skin Audio Damplifier Pro

36 sq feet of Second Skin Audio Luxury Liner Pro

I'd like to thank Kicker, Second Skin Audio, and Excessive Amperage

Toys

DSCN4746.jpg

Place for the toys

DSCN4759.jpg

Deck, Sirius, Ipod install..

dscn4714rr6.jpg

teh deck

DSCN4725.jpg

teh iPod

dscn6023yq4.jpg

Bluetooth mic (works aaawwweesome!!)

dscn4718ih1.jpg

Painted Sirius antenna to match.. you know thats hot!

DSCN4803.jpg

Alternator (powdercoated white FTW)

DSCN4809.jpg

Sound Deadner install

Before

DSCN4762.jpg

After

P1010024.jpg

Rear Deck

DSCN4799.jpg

A Pillar

DSCN4791.jpg

B Pillar

DSCN4789.jpg

C Pillar/Rear

P1010023.jpg

Trunk Area

P1010020-1.jpg

Door in Progress

DSCN4794.jpg

Inside Door

DSCN4787.jpg

Looking good, keep the pictures coming!!

This should be good. I like to see slamming imports. Thats quite a bit of deadening!

great job on the deadening looks like u just got trunk floor and floor and firewall left keep it up. then foam if u bought some. if not then doooooo itttttt =]!!!!!!

wow :)

looks like a propper job :fing34:

curious to see the rest.

very nice job casey, wanna come do teh truck??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Not shure where you mounted your sirius but there is a nice little spot between the lower portion of the A pillar just behind the glove box on the right hand side. My shop installs camera boxes there for taxi's, they fit just perfect.

me thinks the jeep is still gonna be louder :cookiemonster:

Not shure where you mounted your sirius but there is a nice little spot between the lower portion of the A pillar just behind the glove box on the right hand side. My shop installs camera boxes there for taxi's, they fit just perfect.

It's currently laying under carpet, towards the top. I may have to check that area, maybe behind the kick as well. I had it mounted in the jeep in the same spot, seems to be fine, it isn't noticeable.

me thinks the jeep is still gonna be louder :cookiemonster:

I think you're right, I'm headed more to the SQ side! But I'll have 4wk for some overhead ;)

Very nice job man tell me how the EA alt works out for you

Edited by Duaber

wait i just thought about it...

4k watts and a solo...and ur goin for SQ... :noevil:

Like I said, I'll have lots of overhead ;0 I acutally don't have an amp right now, the deal fell through so I may be getting something else. I don't usually have the sub turned up as near what it's capable of.

I bought my alarm (CompuStar Pro P2W9000FMR), along with hoodpin, trunk solenoid I'll have it installed soon. This alarm is bad ass!

I've been looking into the SoloX. probably the 10 or maybe the 12. with a planet audio RXD2400. Ur doing SQ and SQ is big to me so i wasn't looking very had at the X. Does is sound that good?? If it does sound good then i think i just decide what sub i'm going with.

I haven't installed it in an SQ type box yet... I guess you could consider this an SQL setup

I ran into $300 of tint tickets I had to pay to avoid my license getting suspended, so I'll have to wait a little while longer to get it installed haha...

I've been looking into the SoloX. probably the 10 or maybe the 12. with a planet audio RXD2400. Ur doing SQ and SQ is big to me so i wasn't looking very had at the X. Does is sound that good?? If it does sound good then i think i just decide what sub i'm going with.

i think they sound pretty damn good. they are a bit on the sluggish side, if you go big box. but overall, not a bad choice if one is wanting a little of everything.

casey, what is the sq box?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well I'm going to cater to the frequency response of the car, by RTA'ing the car with a sub inside and outside of the car and build a box based on those results.

I had the alarm installed this weekend. Buzz Thompson from Calusa Concepts installed it for me, and like everything else he did a great job.

This is the CompuStar Pro P2W9000FMR, its a great 2-way alarm and packs tons of options. There were 3 pages of features for programming and each feature had 3 options. The car is hella secure now, it has anti-jack features, key sensing etc. I recommend the Compustar to anyone. I added a trunk solenoid, hoodpin, and backup battery as well.

On with the pics...

Here is the solenoid for the trunk (9th gen corollas don't have a power trunk option)

DSCN4870.jpg

solenoid mounted inside the trunk lid

DSCN4884.jpg

Tearing up the dash...

DSCN4889.jpg

Every connection was soldered and heat shrinked. Wireloom was also used where applicable.

DSCN4875.jpg

Backup battery FTW

DSCN4887.jpg

Pic of the two-way remote (alarm also came with a one-way remote)

DSCN4902.jpg

No audio update yet. However, I got a new GPS for the car and I also ordered HID's today.

dscn4918vv9.jpg