blkonblk98

2 batteries in the trunk

i plan on relocating my battery to the trunk and adding a second one. couple question:

1)they are wired parallel, correct?

2)do i need a fuse in between the batteries?

3)do i need to fuse the power wire running from the engine bay to the trunk?

yes

no

yes

and dont forget to run a bigger FUSED wire from ALT to under hood batt.

and a large ground strap from motor to frame, FOSHO

once ran a dual batt isolator.. it worked OK,,, kinda.,. but if you draw more then 200 amps then you will cook an isolator, but i was able to jump start my self!

yes

no

yes

and dont forget to run a bigger FUSED wire from ALT to under hood batt.

and a large ground strap from motor to frame, FOSHO

once ran a dual batt isolator.. it worked OK,,, kinda.,. but if you draw more then 200 amps then you will cook an isolator, but i was able to jump start my self!

Not if you get a proper sized alternator, which he doesn't even need since the goal sounds like he just wants more juice for the system.

You don't have to fuse stuff, but you should fuse any line off a battery no matter where it goes in case that wire shorts. Then you would have a fuse at the front battery +, your line back to a fuse at the rear battery +, a fuse from rear + and line to your amps. You might forgo the one to the amps if they are close to the battery and have their own, and there is no chance of that wire shorting on something like the one that runs the length of the car could. If that big wire does short on ground, it will not be pretty.

speaking of Alternators any one have good things to say about Iraggi Alternators?

i bought a Hioutput alt from ebay.... and when i went to the local parts house, to check the amps it peaked the reader, the same as my old one... but the kid at autozone said uhhh i donno if it goes any higher...... boooo

ive seen no problems with my short use of irragi's but that is if you can get ahold of him and get what you want. also fuse everything imo. not at 400 amps is it really a fuse since you'd probably burn your wire long before hand, but you can get anl fuses from 250-400 amps

Edited by tommy