Sign in to follow this  
bld 25

how much for a tc2+ recone kit?

could this be done fairly inexpensively? Would this continue with the excellent sq that tc2+ subs have, and be made to work in small to medium boxes?

thanks,

brian

Don't think we can recone it man, has to be a 3" coil...

hmmm.. thought i have seen you talking with people here about 2.5" coils before....

hmmm.. thought i have seen you talking with people here about 2.5" coils before....

dang.

TC2+ has a 2" coil doesnt it? If thats the case then i think I have a 2" high Xmax coil that will work in it...

Thanks,

Scott

TC2+ has a 2" coil doesnt it? If thats the case then i think I have a 2" high Xmax coil that will work in it...

Thanks,

Scott

Hey, tried to send you a pm, but it said the box was full.

thank you for the reply to my post. How much do you think this will cost with basket, etc(maybe a 15" basket)?

any idea of what the t/s would be or box sizes? Still excellent sq?

Thank you!

brian

Is it a 2" coil? I think it is. I might have D2 coils or maybe only single 4 Ohm. Solid SQ as there will be a fair amount of Xmax to it. Itll be decently efficient as well given the parts I would use, but it wont be able to handle tons of power...

Need to confirm first the coil size... do you have a pic of the motor?

Is it a 2" coil? I think it is. I might have D2 coils or maybe only single 4 Ohm. Solid SQ as there will be a fair amount of Xmax to it. Itll be decently efficient as well given the parts I would use, but it wont be able to handle tons of power...

sorry, i don't have a motor yet, i saw some on ebay and wanted to see if it was a possibility first. If it is a 2" coil i assume the power handling wouldn't be much better than 500-600wrms, but as far as box sizes and xmax, what would i be looking at?

thanks so much for your time!

sorry, i don't have a motor yet, i saw some on ebay and wanted to see if it was a possibility first. If it is a 2" coil i assume the power handling wouldn't be much better than 500-600wrms, but as far as box sizes and xmax, what would i be looking at?

thanks so much for your time!

up

bld 25,

The TC2+ is a 2" coil. I have three 12's based on the TC2+ motor. You can also check out the specs of the Soundsplinter RL-i series since it uses the TC2+ motor as well. Pics (used without permission from a guy at another forum):

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/bel...r8/_W9G6448.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/bel...r8/_W9G6444.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c253/bel...r8/_W9G6445.jpg

You are correct that the power handling will be in the 400w to 500w (thermal) range. Mechanical power handling will vary by box alignment and size. Recommended box size will vary by soft parts used.

Scott,

Will the 2" coils recones become a "standard" option or just for a limited time? As I have two Lambda Acoustic subs with 2" VC's that need a recone as well as the option of getting the TC2+ motor in the pics above.

-Robert

geez....bump again.

what do you know! Bump again......

I saw Scott logged on last night and thought about bumping this.

-Robert

yeah, i haven't been too impressed so far. The motors that i had the chance to get are long gone, but i would still like to know for the future.

yeah, i haven't been too impressed so far.
I've built two of the four 18" subs I have parts for. It was a minor pain to get the parts but I think it will be more than worth the trouble. I may get parts for two more 18's so I can have a total of six in my theater room.

-Robert

$58 plus shipping for the kit. Let me know the zip and Ill get that quoted out as well.

Thanks,

Scott

$58 plus shipping for the kit. Let me know the zip and Ill get that quoted out as well.

Thanks,

Scott

thanks scott. I will let you know if i find another motor. Any idea what approx t/s would be or box requirements? I assume it would be a mix between an assassin/x series with a tc2+.

It should at least have good sq and work in relatively small boxes, right?

oh, and my original question included the price for the 15" basket. Was that included in your quote?

thanks!

Any idea what approx t/s would be or box requirements? I assume it would be a mix between an assassin/x series with a tc2+.

It should at least have good sq and work in relatively small boxes, right?

T/S parameters can vary widely based on how Scott builds the recone kit. For example, if he uses an Assassin kit, the mechanical parameters would be the same as the Assassin. But the electrical parameters would be different since the Frankensub uses a different motor.

The good SQ is motor based. The TC2+ has a lot of copper to keep the inductance down. Small boxes? Depends on the motor strength. The TC2+ was the next to weakest motor in TC Sounds linup. I had some IB 15's that used the TC2. The TC2+ was a monster compared to that little thing. But it got the job done.

Scott,

I assume that the quote doesn't include a basket. What's a 15", 12 spoke basket run along with the kit and shipping to 38672? I'd also like to get two more 18" IB recone kits. I'll send you the complete order to your Sales e-mail address.

-Robert

hmm.....thanks for answering questions robert. So i have a box that is 2.6 cubes net for a 15", would i be way off for this one? Or is there no way to ever know with a frankensub?

Sign in to follow this