Qes = 0.428

Fs = 43 Hz (fresh without break-in)

VAS = 11.65 L (fresh without break-in)

Le = 1.41 mH (series)

Re = 1.59 ohms

Xmax = 20 mm

BL = 17.58 N/A

15" model T/S are TBA.

This sub is designed to be something that you can roll around with daily and hit SPL competitions with, all in the same woofer :) It's very daily friend but will still put up good numbers on the meter when you want it to do so.

Now... they will be ready in February in 12" and 15" sizes with D1 and D2 coils. My question is this... who wants to be able to pre-order them now? If there is enough interest I will go ahead and get it started.

Mid to upper 300s on the pre-sale.

MSRP is $549 on the 12" and $599 on the 15" so that sort of price wouldn't be seen again :)

what kind of power can they handle?

Official rating is 1500 watts -- the original prototype was burped up to 7kw at tuning without damage, and finally gave out with a 10kw burp.

These have a substantially better spider and cone as well as a much beefier coil and larger motor in general :) So, quite a bit to say the least. I suggest the SAZ-1500D on one daily as a great setup that you'll never have to worry about -- these aren't so stiff it's ridiculous so a 1500 watt amp will get them moving. You could strap a pair of 1500Ds for competition no problem... even a pair of 3000Ds if you know what you are doing (warranty doesn't cover a fried coil).

looks good. i wish it wasnt -17 outside right now so i actually think about purchasing something new haha

Don't worry about the cold :)

I might be interested. Have any detailed pics?

My good camera died and Chad has it at the moment (with a pre-production cone), but I'll work on that :)

Team members can e-mail me for the Team price -- they can also pre-order at any time whether or not I start the pre-order for the general public now or not.

Jake

gonna start announcing these pre-sales in the usual hawaii places...

I may pick a pair up to demo out here in hawaii so we can get some exposure over here....

or maybe one 15 on my 3000D yummy

would love to see more pics when you can jake...

Edited by theabunai

Indeed... didn't want to take too many as the cone wasn't quite production :) I should have the production cone (minus logo) before too much longer... but it's a black cone with a "boob" plastic black dust-cap, it will have "Sundown Audio" printed just like the SD-1 v.2 model.

looks good. i wish it wasnt -17 outside right now so i actually think about purchasing something new haha

Don't worry about the cold :)

even if -17 is the warm part of winter???? lol

Lil any pics of like the spider, leads cone area and surround... show that bad boy stuff off my mang !!

Good pre sale price. :)

Well, the cone / surround (on the front) are not quite production quality, hence the lack of pics :) Once my new soft parts come in there will be pics -- the surround width / height is roughly the same as other subs like the FI BTL and whatnot, though.

If Chad has any pics of the spider he can post em up.

Seems that people are demanding that I open the sale now... since plenty of people are willing to wait the pre-sale price will be as follows:

12" Model D1 or D2 - $350 shipped in continental USA (MSRP = $549)

15" Model D1 or D2 - $390 shipped in continental USA (MSRP = $599)

I will only allow a limited number of pre-orders at this pricing as it is very low for a sub of this build and quality (especially shipped, this thing is a monster). This sub features USA made soft parts and voice coil and final assembly in the USA!

These will be ready sometime in February, I cannot give an exact date or guarantee they may not be a week or two late -- that is the nature of a pre-sale. But for your patience you get a great price :)

Damn good pricing if i did not have my money in HD3's I would get 2 of these. They look very impressive. Do those pre-order prices include shipping? If not how much more will that be since it look like they weigh around 70lbs.

chit my bad did not see the shipped part. I just woke up and only got 3 hours of sleep. Even better prices. I bet these things will perform very well and get very loud.

Yep, that is shipped in the continental USA. Only a limited number of pre-orders will be accepted due to the extremely low price -- I just want to get some out in the hands of customers so that word gets out :)