Sign in to follow this  
buickid

Quick Ohm/Electrical Question

Would an electrical system comprising of a 100A alt, two yellow tops, and 0/1 throughout support a 1500D @ .5 ohm?

Would an electrical system comprising of a 100A alt, two yellow tops, and 0/1 throughout support a 1500D @ .5 ohm?

More then likely yes.

Alright. If I keep the volume knob down, and keep an eye on my voltages, it should be alright though, hm?

depends on alot of things. I would suggest either running a dual alt set up or bumping to at least a 140amp or higher alt. at .5 ohms the 1500 likes to sucka da juice

I'm reluctant to tell you "yes" since I don't warranty that... but it will likely work fine.

What really hurts the amp is voltage drop resulting from the significantly increase current draw at 1/2 ohm vs. 1 ohm -- the amp is also more sensitive to this sort of thing when wired under 1 ohm. So just watch that voltage, keep it over 12.

I'm reluctant to tell you "yes" since I don't warranty that... but it will likely work fine.

What really hurts the amp is voltage drop resulting from the significantly increase current draw at 1/2 ohm vs. 1 ohm -- the amp is also more sensitive to this sort of thing when wired under 1 ohm. So just watch that voltage, keep it over 12.

Haha thanks Jacob. I understand the warranty-voiding-fun that this could be, and the power-supply-blowing horror it could turn out to if done wrong. I'll buy a nifty voltmeter and keep an eye on it. :lickscreen:

And thanks to everyone else! :drink40:

Edited by SteveSan

Sign in to follow this