KickinAudio

I'm still buying CD's

So you listen to CD's in your car as opposed to something like an ipod?

btw, where can I see pics of the civic?

i hear that u lose sq and for the lack of better terms loudness with using an mp3 player feeding into a headunit, or is that not true with an ipod.

You do lose quality of the audio because it's compressed when loaded on an iPod. Plus the original audio is probably not lossless anyway. I haven't noticed any problems with loudness, that can be adjusted when loading songs onto the iPod.

I buy CD's for things I can't get elsewhere in FLAC.

I do, my 1st generation Shuffle sits and collects dust. Then again, more of my music listening happens at home anyway...

If I'm going to pay for music, I'd rather pay for a record, get better "stuff" with it if it includes booklets or notes or whatever, and get better sound of it anyway...I see a bleak future for CDs as a music medium :)

The only music I buy now is vinyl. A lot of it is second hand but I also buy new albums on vinyl if I really like them. I pirate everything else as FLAC.

and a stamped cd will retain better quality than a burned one

How's that?

The only music I buy now is vinyl. A lot of it is second hand but I also buy new albums on vinyl if I really like them. I pirate everything else as FLAC.

I love vinyl, even though I'm not one of those hardcore vinyl junkies. It sounds so nice, and the crackle you get with an old record before the beginning of the song makes it feel so real. :) Goodwill has 99 cent records, sweet.

I buy a few once in a while, still grab an LP from time to time, but don't really have the money to spend on music ATM.

Sure do :) I don't have an iPod, actually.

I do rip all my CDs to my hard drive in 320k MP3 to keep backups and keep copies in the car, in case they get stolen. I'm certainly not going to pay for my music twice!

I have a few pics up of it here:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/02_Civic/

It still need a bit of work... I did neaten the wires a bit since then, although, they are all totally hidden so it's not a huge deal. Still need to finish deadening one of my doors... and I need to get rid of those Kicker SS comps, they are too harsh.

Sure do :) I don't have an iPod, actually.

I do rip all my CDs to my hard drive in 320k MP3 to keep backups and keep copies in the car, in case they get stolen. I'm certainly not going to pay for my music twice!

I have a few pics up of it here:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/02_Civic/

It still need a bit of work... I did neaten the wires a bit since then, although, they are all totally hidden so it's not a huge deal. Still need to finish deadening one of my doors... and I need to get rid of those Kicker SS comps, they are too harsh.

Why wouldn't you rip as v0? :)

The only way I'll use a download service, like iTunes or whatever, is if its DRM free lossless audio with a non-propietary codec, doesn't require some lame ass second rate software, & comes with JPEG liner notes and album covers and whatnot. Since Hell hasn't frozen over, however, all the music I have is from CDs and I don't see that changing any time soon.

v0 is better than 320?

The difference in quality is extremely small but the difference in file size is quite noticeable. If the goal is best quality, might as well just rip it as FLAC.

Lame-chart-2.png

i download about 90% of my music. though the bands/artist thati really like i support them by buying some of their gear. like shirts or vinyls.

Damn, I need a turntable.......and my dads Vinyl collection. He has over 10,000 albums (or at least he did at one point). Most of them originals from the 50's, 60's and 70's. He has the whole collection of the Beatles, all of them are from the UK IIRC. I have been subject to some decent music in my life and I thank my father for all of it.

I also buy DVD-Audio disks... awesome stuff 1.5mbps FTW

DTS-HD plays up to 6.0 mbps!

i rarely buy CDs anymore....unless it is someone i like a lot...or hard to find music....everything else is gotten from friends and vinyl...

To harsh?? I'm about to buy a pair, I heard they sound great

I'm VERY sensitive on highs... so you may like them :)

I REFUSE to buy CDs unless I have to. It's almost impossible to get a good recording anyways. IMO, the rcording industry deserves nothing for the shitty stuff that comes out nowadays. All this technology and they just use it to over-equalize everything.

With the help of johnecon, I finally ordered a new External HD to back up pictures and music.