Sign in to follow this  
p_mcnaught

Question about USAmps?

Someone told me that one of the usamps line of amplifiers lie about there actual wattage they are putting out. is this true, if so which series of there amplifier is this?

Someone told me that one of the usamps line of amplifiers lie about there actual wattage they are putting out. is this true, if so which series of there amplifier is this?

its the xterminator line (entry level).. the Merlin line and AX line will put out rated if not more.

its the xterminator line (entry level).. the Merlin line and AX line will put out rated if not more.

Alright thanks. He said he didnt know which line it was, so I thought I would ask.

What are the true numbers for the Xterminator line? :lildevil:

the numbers that were given to me are posted in the usamps forum. :)

if i find any different, ill be sure to update you guys

Wow, people really need to get over this. A company who has a good history, but is losing a great deal of sales to the large companies who inflate their power ratings all the time, saw that they had to do this to have something for that market segment who does not know any better. Also, I don't feel its a lie when they have the guts to tell you what it is and why, unlike these other companies who put "if lightning strikes" power on their amps.

/rant

Too many people put too much stock in "overrated" and "underrated" rather than actual power output. Answer this, which is a better deal: 1)amp A which advertises 300W "only" does 250 and sells for $200 or 2) amp B which advertises 100w does 200 and sells for $300? Way too many people are eager to kneel in front of amp B and worship at its feet for being underrated while bashing amp A for being overrated and wanting to lynch it in the town square. Amp A is a better deal. It makes more power than the other and sells for less. Who cares about advertised power, I don't use ratings to power my speakers.

I don't use ratings to power my speakers.

Now that is signature worthy.

I would say the XT line is very close to true now. the 1600.2 was rated at 200x2@4 and is now rated at 125x2@4. I don't have proof of actual output but I do own one and I would have to say that is a great ballpark figure for the amp