Sign in to follow this  
thedukey42

TheDukey42's Work Log

I have already started work on this, but finally got my sub & amp today! I can't thank Scott from FI & Corey from Sundown enough for working through all the shipping hassles we had during the holidays.

So this build has a lot of work still to be done to it, but here is where I am at:

The sub in the crate

100_1471.jpg

Finally!!

100_1473.jpg

Loving the blank inverted

100_1474.jpg

Thanks again Scott!

100_1476.jpg

In it's new home at last

100_1479.jpg

The magus!

100_1481.jpg

100_1482.jpg

The whole system, except 880prs, cdt mids and peerless tweeters

100_1484.jpg

The duo that I hope will fulfill my low end love :D

100_1485.jpg

I should have more pictures tomorrow as I am working on the car all day. Not just stereo, need an oil change and some other minor tunings also.

thanks for lookin! Comments welcome

Edited by thedukey42

As you can see the box needs more work and nothing is really installed, but I have a lot of time tomorrow to get some things done :D

the MXA 282...my friend has the same one as me and he is powering 2 15 Diamond audio D9's, he needs a battery though they could hit so much harder. but yea, do you know if that amp is ok?

It is not their best quality amp unfortunately no, be careful with how much you are pushing your sub. I first bought a pyramid 1000 watt amp as my first amp ever, as you will learn quickly like I did, we were lied to on the power. That was 7 years ago now & I am glad I now know what I know, otherwise I'd waste a lot of money. If you have any chance of returning the amp, I would look into that, other wise possibly sell it & ask for some help on here in your price range.

If you keep the amp, thats cool too man, just be careful with how hard you are pushing that Bl, be aware if you smell anything or if the cone feels terribly warm after only a few moments of play. Your amp will clip very easily unfortunately, but a battery is always a good addition.

good luck man!

thanks...yea i kinda figured that wasnt that good of an amp but it was pushing my buddys diamonds when he first baught it so i figured why not just get that amp...and i only payed 130 for it brand new...so not that big of a loss...i'm selling it soon though, i just have a temporary system right now...im adding one more BL and what kind of amp do you recomend on two BL's? and how much did you pay for that opti?

There are some used sundown amps iirc in the f/s section, be a good amount of power for your BL's. I would recommend you buying another amp & upgrading your electrical before adding another BL. To put it in perspective, a clean 1500 rms is around 300, good battery will be 150 at least, 1/0 wire to run through the car will be around 75 - 100.

Then you have to keep up your mids & highs to really start enjoying your music, which in my opinion is the greatest feeling when you can turn it up a bit and sound just as clean from top end to low end.

Make a thread asking for amp recommendations or just help in general, a lot of helpful and smart guys here.

Whats it goin in?

The lanzar Opti's are the best ones BTW

let me know when you get this in so you can come by the shop. Id love to hear it

Edited by ss-audio