valladon

ZAPCO DC REFERENCE

These amps are incredible, the output and clarity are just above and beyond any other none Zapco amps that I have used. Plus the DSP processing that is built in makes it really easy to tune the set up just right. I hooked my laptop up to the 360 and was able to tune both amps. The setting included, gain, eq, time delay, crossover setting, output level, input level and actually more than I can remember right now. The coolest part is that i could sit in the drivers seat with my laptop and adjust everything all at once. Instead of having to make countless trips to the trunk. The other great feature with the Zapco amp (not just the DC's) is they have a balance line output called symbilink that keeps radiated noise out of your sound and boost the pre outs up to 18 volts. Giving you a lower noise floor and a boosted signal to amps. If your into SQ these amps will absolutely fit the bill. But as a whole all the Zapco amps that I have used are on a different level than any other amps I have used. including JL Audio slash and e series, Rockford Power series, PPI power class old school( these were pretty close in SQ), xtant, Alpine and a couple others I cant think of right now. The only draw back to these amps are the sub amp is a class ab, while this is great for SQ, it is a bit less efficient than most d class's and heats up pretty quick and consumes quite a bit of power. If you have an questions about these amps I will be happy to try and answer them or Zapco has a really good forum that has actual technicians from there staff answering question. www.zapco.com Hope this doesnt sound too much like a plug, I just really like the products and this company.

2053618965_a336428bfc_m.jpg

2053618935_9a2b2c2f37_m.jpg

Edited by sonic

I run the DC Reference 360.4 and 500.1 and I couldn't agree with you more. They are more expensive per watt but the processing features alone make it worth the extra money.

I love them, but really an amp is an amp.

*excluding processing and other useless non-amplifier accessories, an amp needs a gain knob only IMO

I would really love to try one out, if not an SX with DSP.

Instead of having to make countless trips to the trunk. The other great feature with the Zapco amp (not just the DC's) is they have a balance line output called symbilink that keeps radiated noise out of your sound and boost the pre outs up to 18 volts. Giving you a lower noise floor and a boosted signal to amps.

2053618965_a336428bfc_m.jpg

2053618935_9a2b2c2f37_m.jpg

16 volts on the pre outs, not 18 :)

an amp needs a gain knob only IMO

I am so with you here! Take the shit out of the amp, and put it in one little box. No, they have to complicate shit. IF they were REALLY smart, they'd make symbilink processor that does all of this shit and can work with any Zapco amp, so they'll all have the same features in every class.

I am so with you here! Take the chit out of the amp, and put it in one little box. No, they have to complicate chit. IF they were REALLY smart, they'd make symbilink processor that does all of this chit and can work with any Zapco amp, so they'll all have the same features in every class.

They do have a dsp processor that will run with all the amps. The DC's just keep you from having to buy the extra sh!t. It seems to really simplify the installation. I am able to set it and forget it. Thats why Zapco make 2 sets up reference amps, one for people like you who dont want dsp built in and another for people like me who dont want to put extra stuff in there car if they dont have to. Seems to be a win win from a company who really give a crap about SQ

*excluding processing and other useless non-amplifier accessories, an amp needs a gain knob only IMO

Your JL amps have almost as many features built in as the Zapco DC's just not digital

To you people commenting on what the Zapco's shouldn't have, have you even tried the DC Reference series? If not I suggest you not knock it till you try it. It's got more features than you think.

To you people commenting on what the Zapco's shouldn't have, have you even tried the DC Reference series? If not I suggest you not knock it till you try it. It's got more features than you think.

Nobody here has "knocked" anything.

Some of us are simply saying we like the pure side of things. Let the amp amplify and a signal processor process.

I am so with you here! Take the chit out of the amp, and put it in one little box. No, they have to complicate chit. IF they were REALLY smart, they'd make symbilink processor that does all of this chit and can work with any Zapco amp, so they'll all have the same features in every class.

I agree with simple, I have a C2K 9.0 it took 5 minutes to adjust and is strong, also DC Ref 1000.4 with DRC-Sl it took 30 minutes to set up and I have 5 presets at the push of a button, Also I have US Amps USA-800 it has 1 knob a gain Which is simple but if I didn't buy a xover for it, it would be useless. I agree Zapco could simplify all the Symbolink stuff, but the DC Refs aren't that complex and most people buying Zapco level products are reletively knowledgeable and once the set up is completed your done. The C2K Amps are simple and are very strong and clean the only drawback is they are pricey the DC Refs make real sound quality affordable and they are modern technology.

I just took out 3 SX amps-(2)1250.1's and (1)700.4 with SXRC and replaced them with Zapco DC 1000.4 with DRC-SL & 9.0the SX are decent in my opinion but really don't even belong in the same sentence with the Zapco's I'm not talking down the Kicker amps but my experience with Kicker SX -vs- Zapco DC Ref or C2K it is not even a little close.

I just took out 3 SX amps-(2)1250.1's and (1)700.4 with SXRC and replaced them with Zapco DC 1000.4 with DRC-SL & 9.0the SX are decent in my opinion but really don't even belong in the same sentence with the Zapco's I'm not talking down the Kicker amps but my experience with Kicker SX -vs- Zapco DC Ref or C2K it is not even a little close.

Zapco rocks. I am working replacing the 360.4 and 500.1 with 1000.1 and 1100.4

Your JL amps have almost as many features built in as the Zapco DC's just not digital

The only reason I own mine was the price, a good hookup surely doesn't hurt. My guess is I paid less for my pair than you for your sub amp...how could I say no?? I only use them as gain blocks though :)

I know all the features and still don't care, amps should be amps and that is all I need.

I am very curious, what exactly about the SX isn't up to par with the Zapco's in your opinion?

I am very curious, what exactly about the SX isn't up to par with the Zapco's in your opinion?

I probably appear a little more against the SX's then I mean to they are good amps, However the clarity and crispness that the Zapco provides is much more appealing to me. Now the SX 700.4 has been reliable and problem free for 2 or so years however in that same time frame Kicker has replaced or repaired One or both of my SX1250's 5 times and I replaced them at my expense once each, so the support was good but the product in the case of the 1250's was not reliable. I did find the gain ranges to be useful on the SX and not available on the Zapco, I guess in my opinion I got 400.00 worth of sound out of the 700.4 and 1000.00 worth out of the Zapco so if money is not an issue go Z if so the Kickers are a decent product I never got them to the level I was trying to achieve but very few people that don't compete are trying to build a system like mine.

Edited by 2rgrbn

Yea but why would you run pyramid when road gear is available, I have had many Zapco pieces from 1986 till now and have not been let down once, The white AG's didn't really make the name shine but they are still better used then many new amps today. The US Amps USA - 800 I have is a very impressive amp as well, I'm still debating over continueing to use it or switching it out for 2 C2K 9.0's the 9.0 is as good an amp as I've ever had and I'm pretty old so I've had many. Hey Team Zapco I could use some advice on a head unit and who is making the new Zapco speakers.

Yea but why would you run pyramid when road gear is available, I have had many Zapco pieces from 1986 till now and have not been let down once, The white AG's didn't really make the name shine but they are still better used then many new amps today. The US Amps USA - 800 I have is a very impressive amp as well, I'm still debating over continueing to use it or switching it out for 2 C2K 9.0's the 9.0 is as good an amp as I've ever had and I'm pretty old so I've had many. Hey Team Zapco I could use some advice on a head unit and who is making the new Zapco speakers.

ESB Italy makes there speakers.

as for the head unit, i use the d105, but i also like the alpine w205. i think that both of the have the same specs, but the w205 is double din.

esb makes the speakers. if possible, you need to demo the comp speakers. some of the best speakers on the market today imo

That is good to hear. :)