Sign in to follow this  
tommy

yamaha 661 and ep2500 help

so i finally hooked up my new yamaha 661 with my new behringer ep 2500. just used my sub out to an rac to an rca.xlr adapter. just temporarily hooked it up to my ported kicker til i decide what ht set-up i want. now here's my problem. there is almost no output from my sub, with much more power then my speakers i can't even hear it because when i turn it up my new ep2500 almost instantly goes into clipped and kills the signal. any ideas? i'm such a newb to ht it hurts

actually, i think its actually my sub now thats sucking. to chitty of sub and to high of tuning. it should be putting out more output for the power its getting. hopefully i don't pop the sub haha. i'm lost now i played a lil john song and it was louder then chit. change songs with a different tuning and it thorughs it into clipping or has crappy output

Edited by tommy

I wonder if you would benefit from an ART Cleanbox or something similar.
The Cleanbox was tested over at AVS Forums and found to have significant bass rolloff around 20hz. It's not as transparent to the audio signal as it was once thought to be.

To the OP, how do you have the EP-2500's DIP switches set? I was missing a lot of low end at first (first 10 minutes) until I found I had the high pass filter turned on and the filter was set at 50hz. I turned the filter off and was overwhelmed with low bass.

And I also use RCA to 1/4" mono plugs. It's a cheap test if you want to try them instead of XLR.

-Robert

Ah good point I forgot about the rolloff. If you did end up with a cleanbox there's a pretty easy mod to fix it if you don't mind soldering. You have to replace two capacitors. There are details at the hometheatershack forums.