Sign in to follow this  

hi, i have an alpine 9887 hu and also a sax100.4 and a 100.2 and here is what i want to do.

an active front stage using the sax100.4 as the processor not the 9887 and have 2 eu700 in the back off of the sax100.2 with a 400 hz lpf for midbass ( already have them so no changing of that) and i need to know would i set the crossovers on the 9887 as a 2.2 3way or a 4.2 system since u have to take out the unit and move the slide i would rather ask then experiment since it is a pita to take out the head unit in my car. and also would it be a l=r or l/r and also i am going to be having subs too that is why the lpf is kinda of high.

Ok, stop leading answers with your questions.

we need to know what gear you have, where it is installed and what your goals are.

ok my bad. i have an alpine 9887, sundown 100.4, sundown sax100.2.

i want to do active front stage using the 100.4 as the processor not the 9887.

And i want to use eu700 for mid lows (i guess that is what u call it) in the rear of the car.

I am not sure about the front stage speakers yet, (my family is wondering what to get me for xmas so i am having them get me the amps that i want to use.)

the sub will be powered by a sae1000d, i am still thinking about the sub right but i am leaning towards 1 of theses three. eclipse7200, AA Arsanal, w6v2.

and overall my goal is to have LSQ daily driver ( and i also i am aware that w6's are sq subs)

becuase i have another alternative to not using it. i will still use the 9887 for the equalizers and stuff like that but not the active processing part.

Edited by SouthPole1989

The active processing part is the only reason to get that unit in the first place...

ok for those that have the 9887 or atleast the manuel it is on page 16 with the 2.2ch (3way) system/l=R, that is what i want to try to do. and the setting items are: Low/Mid L,Mid H,High. but i want the lpf to be higher then 200hz for the eu700 and that is why i want to use the sax100.4 for the processing.

The best way I can think of to set up what you want (and it's really far from optimal and eliminates the possibility of using good time correction) is to run the unit in 2.2 mode. Run the midrange output to the 100.4 and use its internal crossover to low pass the 700s and highpass the mids up front. This makes a bandpass crossover for both. Use the high range output to the 100.2 for the tweets and save the sub output for the subs. If you could find a way to get the 700s up front the soundstage will thank you.

You really don't want the eu's playing that high anyway, you might think you do now...but you are wrong.

anything playing above 80hz in the rear is pretty much bad, and in all reality lower than that would be even better

They stink at midbass and having midbass in the rear doesn't work anyways. If it is really your goal to have midbass in the rear why don't you buy a sub that can play up to 500hz. Something like the Aura NS12 which can easily do that.

one more question about the 9887. on my pioneer deh680mp it had a feature where u could just run the front channels and turn the rear one into a sub channel. does the 9887 have something simailr.

yes I totally agree with getting the midbass upfront where it will sound a hundred times better and even out the front stage.

one more question about the 9887. on my pioneer deh680mp it had a feature where u could just run the front channels and turn the rear one into a sub channel. does the 9887 have something simailr.

The 9887 has 3 pairs of outputs, front, rear (or high, mid) and sub. The sub output has its own easily accessed volume control and is only capable of being low passed. It isn't affected by the fader control since it is independent of the other two outputs.