jonbearsmt

im looking for a three inch driver, sub,

yeah i did check it out, i seen alot of happy people, have you used it before? i see that he states that the heat will not make it come off... but my car is black and chrome, and i live in the big state of texas, where the summers are 115 outside and car temp of 160 -175 and winters of 30 or so...

yeah i did check it out, i seen alot of happy people, have you used it before? i see that he states that the heat will not make it come off... but my car is black and chrome, and i live in the big state of texas, where the summers are 115 outside and car temp of 160 -175 and winters of 30 or so...

im talking about the tutorial lol. teaches you how to seal your doors.

Temperature Rating Guaranteed to 300

i feel half retarted right now! :thanx:

we all want to be loud

Loud is only good when it's accurate :)

yeah i hear that, it dont sound bad now, but i one of those it can be better guys,,....... when i was 14 and starting my love affiar with subs,a man once told me YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YA GOT, you will allways want better chassing it

like a dragon, only louder,

yeah i hear that, it dont sound bad now, but i one of those it can be better guys,,....... when i was 14 and starting my love affiar with subs,a man once told me YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YA GOT, you will allways want better chassing it

like a dragon, only louder,

mmmmm opium.

lol, no M5 is right we (him and me) did have that conversation; I just don't want to believe that oval cones are that different than round...but some could be for all I know as M5 certainly knows these things. I've used 6.5 a lot but not real high grade ones that I just wont pay for in a car. But the similar 6.5/5x7 I used were near the same. I have a set of 6.5 but don't know what they are. Still want to run 8" in my doors anyway, but working out how to mount the highs.

As far as rear fill, guess I just feel that it is the listeners preference. I do use them for passengers and also when I am outside the car so I would put them in anyway and use a coax always....for music while driving they might be on part way or might be off. Yes until one quit they were helping midbass nicely, now they are off all the time.

ahhhhh i see, what kinda ford do you drive,, im guessing its a ford or mazda those ar ethe only two car companys i know that use 5X7

k i realize i'm a little late to this but the main reason i have input is because i just put together a towncar for a customer. and before you start to think i'm stupid i didn't choose this setup the customer had to have what he got and wouldn't be talked out of it.

He got 4 15" kicker L7 solobarics and two planet audio RXD2400s. with a battery for each. then we put a 4x400watt planet audio amp for the highs. then we put some infinity 5x7s in the front doors and a "sixpack" on the back dash. That is 6 pioneer 5way 6x9s we built a custom back dash for him.

Now i've always thought that the multiple speakers in the back dash thing was retarted. But i heard these 6x9s before we put the subs in and it sounded like there were 2 10s in the trunk. it was crazy. Of course there was enough hi's in the car for 4 or 5 vehicles, but it was loud thats for sure. And after we put the 15s in the trunk it actually sounded really good. you could make out all the words and everything. basically what i'm saying is that the rear stage is something to look into, albeit i'd want a good front stage first.

Also there is a center channel i cant remember who makes it right now but its a single DIN size and actually sounds pretty good.

k i realize i'm a little late to this but the main reason i have input is because i just put together a towncar for a customer. and before you start to think i'm stupid i didn't choose this setup the customer had to have what he got and wouldn't be talked out of it.

He got 4 15" kicker L7 solobarics and two planet audio RXD2400s. with a battery for each. then we put a 4x400watt planet audio amp for the highs. then we put some infinity 5x7s in the front doors and a "sixpack" on the back dash. That is 6 pioneer 5way 6x9s we built a custom back dash for him.

Now i've always thought that the multiple speakers in the back dash thing was retarted. But i heard these 6x9s before we put the subs in and it sounded like there were 2 10s in the trunk. it was crazy. Of course there was enough hi's in the car for 4 or 5 vehicles, but it was loud thats for sure. And after we put the 15s in the trunk it actually sounded really good. you could make out all the words and everything. basically what i'm saying is that the rear stage is something to look into, albeit i'd want a good front stage first.

Also there is a center channel i cant remember who makes it right now but its a single DIN size and actually sounds pretty good.

yeah 6 packs is an old florida dope boy thing to do, i was raised in FLA, anyhow, im intrested in that build,what year town car? more so in if those 15's were sealed or vented, and if thay were vented, did you do anything to releave pressure? my rear deck acts a fool,4 inches or more in flex,

thanks

Edited by bigjon

huh?

huh?
Me? Good 6x9 can put out, the single 5x7 in front does not have a chance. We used to put multiple sets of 6x9 in boats all the time, and 7x10s. They work nice, even not bad without subs and they go loud. For parties on the boats they were the ticket, given that was years back as now everyone has subs and often not much else.

In boats, 9/10 you don't care what quality the sound is, you are concerned with overcoming the sound killing properties of trying to create something in an infinitely large enviroment.

i have done 3 or 4 boats... i have allways used 4 6x9's 2 6 1/2's in he boat cannons, and 2 15's

There is one vehicle use for pro audio gear and it is boats. High efficiency, meant to throw a distance, and loud.

m5 your anti 6 pack im sure????

also what are your thoughts on making a port into the cab to releave pressure in the trunk?

m5 your anti 6 pack im sure????

also what are your thoughts on making a port into the cab to releave pressure in the trunk?

Relieving pressure? Ha. What specific part of the pressure do you want to relieve and why?

And yes, I feel that any rear drivers are dumb as are multiple drivers playing the same frequency range so obviously I am going to say that the "6 pack" is particularly stupid.

In boats, 9/10 you don't care what quality the sound is, you are concerned with overcoming the sound killing properties of trying to create something in an infinitely large enviroment.

Lol, I bet my four 7x10s in a boat sounded better than his 6 pack in the rear deck. I had 4 6x9 in the back of my car once, and it didn't work at all until I opened the hatch at a party and stood the box up...aiming outside.

from what i understand 6x9's are made for 6 foot or air space or more. and or a free air style set up. anyhow i dont care about yout 7x10's

and m5, my box is vented, and my back deck of my car, is being beated up, and.. i would be intrested in porting my back seat, to bring more pain to the inside of my ride.

from what i understand 6x9's are made for 6 foot or air space or more. and or a free air style set up. anyhow i dont care about yout 7x10's

and m5, my box is vented, and my back deck of my car, is being beated up, and.. i would be intrested in porting my back seat, to bring more pain to the inside of my ride.

No, 6x9's are not made for 6ft of cubic space or more. :puzzled:

As for the vented box what does that have to do with relieving pressure???

in my trunk, there is little room besides the box, so when my subs play, the trunk seal breaks and my back deck flexs about 4 inchs,

if i port into the car... will it

1 bring more bass inside my car,

2 keep my trunk from unsealing when the bass hits,

3 slow my back deck flex

when Hart Proffessional was still a good company they had a 5 1/4" sub that

was an awsome little woofer but they have since sold out and turned their

products into crap....

other than that I have not seen any other actuall sub woofers that small