Aaron Clinton

Mark (ssaudio)

Ok guys, next up is Mark. The original founder of SSA/SSAudio, hails from upstate NY, but now resides in the valley of the sun. And remember on the questions, his member name is red. ;)

Have you ever done or considered your own lingerie line?

Yes. Didn't have the capital to get it going, so I started SSA instead.(cheaper)

What was your favorite system? And what car was it in?

2 CV strokers and a RF bd1500.1, 6 years ago, good times

Why did you even start SSA?

I had assembled a small group of competitors that traveled the shows with me, at the same time I was getting very busy with my small install business, so I bought a domian name(ssaudio.com) and it had forum software available to install. So, I installed it. It was bb I think, (not sure)...had a few posts on there and really had no clue what I was doing with forum's. At the time caraudioresources.com was going, I had posted alot over there and one of the members helped me set up an invision board...never looked back untill today.

why chicken taco's for breakfast?

Acidburn got me hooked on the del taco chicken soft taco for $.99

have you ever tried Taco Bell's Cheesy bean and rice burrito?

if so, do you think they put crack in them?

chicken soft tacos are indeed crack-like

you traded in the Mustang for the Camry, right?

how long did it take for aaron to talk you into letting him by admin?

do you remember the flame room?

how long did it take for aaron to talk you into the ICON?

in the early days, you were like goob in that you were rarely here. now, you're here all the time. what's different (other then the business)

and i really don't have any good questions...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

have you ever tried Taco Bell's Cheesy bean and rice burrito?

if so, do you think they put crack in them?

I have not tried them. I really try to avoid fast food all together. Tom is a very very bad influence on me :suicide-santa:

chicken soft tacos are indeed crack-like

you traded in the Mustang for the Camry, right?

Yup, Hybrid time & loving the gas milage!

1.) how long did it take for aaron to talk you into letting him by admin?

2.) do you remember the flame room?

3.) how long did it take for aaron to talk you into the ICON?

4.)in the early days, you were like goob in that you were rarely here. now, you're here all the time. what's different (other then the business)

and i really don't have any good questions...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

1.) Well it got to the point in my audio career that I was burnt out with the business. Finished college and decided to move on to something else. At that time, I really didn't want the site to go down hill, so I asked Aaron to take over. Best idea I ever had for the site IMO. He's done a great job in my absense. He brought on the manufacturer section, cleaned things up etc...great addition to the admin "staff". Basically the original idea of doing a forum was to get some traffic and eventually put up a store. Aaron has done an excellent job at building this forum to what it is today. I never expected it to become such a great community, and i'm very greatfull for his help. Ok i'll step off my soap box now, lol

2.)Flame room? Remember? THat was my idea! lol wanted to offer something that other forum's didn't. I got so sick of people flamming ever post, I thought it would be a good idea to keep all the flamming in just one section, so the rest of the board had peace and quite.

3.)how long did it take aaron to talk me into the icon? Well he had me at hello on that one. I thought up the name ICON one day at a poker game. I kept racking my brain for a name that had multiple meanings and wasn't taken. Then I had to sell the idea to Aaron. I don't think he liked it at first, but i'm pretty sure it's grown on him since :)

4.)in the early days, you were like goob in that you were rarely here. now, you're here all the time. what's different (other then the business)??? Well in the early days you couldn't rip my away from my computer. When I first started a forum, I was watching ever post, every forum, just waiting for someone to reply! lol Then like I said in the first question, I got kind of burnt out with the installation businesss/competing etc...so I just let Aaron take over and see what he could do with it. And wah-lah, we now have become one of the best functional/content based web communities on the net! With Aaron's audio/technical background and my webbackground, we've been able to keep a handle on what is now, SSA.

How did you meet denim?

I met him on www.caraudioresources.com along time ago. I let him take over the forum and the site about 4yrs before I ever met him in person. I finally met Aaron in person before we got incorporated as a business. And the rest is history so far..

3.)how long did it take aaron to talk me into the icon? Well he had me at hello on that one. I thought up the name ICON one day at a poker game. I kept racking my brain for a name that had multiple meanings and wasn't taken. Then I had to sell the idea to Aaron. I don't think he liked it at first, but i'm pretty sure it's grown on him since

oh really?? aaron didn't like the name? why? personally i like the name, love the sub.what other names were mentioned?

you still a big online poker player?

and if you could change one thing about the forum/shop/subwoofer, past or present, what would it be?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I finally met Aaron in person before we got incorporated as a business. And the rest is history so far..

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i got a question

do u like bandpass boxes?

lol

3.)how long did it take aaron to talk me into the icon? Well he had me at hello on that one. I thought up the name ICON one day at a poker game. I kept racking my brain for a name that had multiple meanings and wasn't taken. Then I had to sell the idea to Aaron. I don't think he liked it at first, but i'm pretty sure it's grown on him since

oh really?? aaron didn't like the name? why? personally i like the name, love the sub.what other names were mentioned?

you still a big online poker player?

and if you could change one thing about the forum/shop/subwoofer, past or present, what would it be?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Some other name suggestions where "omega"...I think that was about it...

I finally met Aaron in person before we got incorporated as a business. And the rest is history so far..

I think this should go un answered, lols

i got a question

do u like bandpass boxes?

lol

Yes. I used to build them all the time. Thanks for asking... :gayhaaay1:

Did u know i was member number 5?

lol

What made you decide to move from upstate NY to AZ?

Is there anything u miss about upstate NY?

Where do you see SSA going next?

Will you ever run for sentate?

Lastly

What should chralie brown do in retaliation to lucy for pulling back the football so much?

I think this should go un answered, lols

WHATTT????? comeon peoples...you know how this place loves pics!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If Arthur is naughty, can we send him to Arizona for a few days of time out?

Where did the name sound solutions audio come from ? All I remember was some guy telling me I needed to sign up over here :)

If Aaron is naughty, can we send him to Arizona for a few days of time out?

Have you tried convincing Scott Owens to switch to ICONs?

When will the next line come out (tomorrow!)?

Has the internetz made you rich yet?

Any plans to expand the forums you work on?

Where did the name sound solutions audio come from ? All I remember was some guy telling me I needed to sign up over here :)

Well, it used to be bigminstallations.com, but then when I was into camaro's and GM stuff, way back in the day, I wanted a name that would say "high performance" lol, I thought SS-Audio, then I started thinking what the SS could stand for, I came up with Sound Solutions...kindof lame, but thats how it was born..

If Aaron is naughty, can we send him to Arizona for a few days of time out?

Have you tried convincing Scott Owens to switch to ICONs?

When will the next line come out (tomorrow!)?

Has the internetz made you rich yet?

Any plans to expand the forums you work on?

I did try and sell Scott on the icon's, lol He was all like, so you do corporate sponserships? lol

Next line should be out very soon, hopefully only three months out...

Internet has not made me rich...I wish. Hopefully someday SSA will just blow up and Aaron and I can do this full time.

Which forums do you refer too?

Why do you suck at Halo so much?

The question is, why are you so good at halo? Do you play much? LMAO

Do you claim your brother? And are you anything like him? If so we should all meet up and get smashed all while building a system that will tickle your nose and make your eyes water.

last one...

1 car you have always wanted or loved...What would it be?