Sign in to follow this  
clbolt

Well Here I Am...

Just dropping by to say hey to everybody. I'm waaay too old for this, but I'm doing it again. I've been a fan of car audio since I heard my first real system back in 1984. There was a guy named Sid who owned a car stereo store, and he came by to show off his new install in his 76 or 77 Monte Carlo. It was a typical installer's car... Wires all over the place, cassette deck sitting on the hump. It had a single sub firing up through the parcel shelf under that big "V" back glass. He played "One Thing Leads to Another", by The Fixx. I got queasy from the bass, and I've been looking for that same feeling ever since.

My new system is about to come together in my 1986 Toyota Tercel wagon. I've been saving a new Hafler MSE88tn for years, and it's going to drive my Polk Momo MM455s in the rear, and DLS R4s in the front. I just picked up a Lightning Audio Storm X1.12.VC2 sub that's going in a small sealed box, and I've located an amp that'll put out well over 1000WRMS @ 4 ohms, and it'll fit into the space I want to use. The deck will be a Premier DEH-P880PRS.

This will be a far cry from the first real system I built for myself back in 1990. I had a Merkur XR4Ti with an Alpine 7903, 2 pre-HD Fosgate Punch 45s (one driving a pair of Punch 10" in a sealed box, and one driving my Sony components in the rear, a Hafler MSE40di (the first one in NC)driving Boston Acoustics Proseries 4.1s in the front, and a Coustic XM3 crossover. I loved that system, and the SQ was great. I expect the new system will be as well, but it'll hit harder, the deck will do a lot more, and everything cost so much less. Gotta love the power of the internet.

That's about it. Thanks for letting me in here, and I look forward to hanging out.

:WELCOME: