Sign in to follow this  
jdawg2

Fi Q

Im looking to get an Fi Q 15in at 2 ohm dual hooked up to a hifonics brutus 1200 watt

i have a couple of questions...

would it sound better ported or sealed.

and does Bp power add more power?

the BP option is for extra power handling. for that amp it probably wont be neccesary, but if u planing on upgrading in the future to a more "powerful" that has real power then yes get the BP

and i would go ported IMO

The Q sounds very good sealed, I would prefer to go sealed on the larger end of the suggested sizing. If you are going need the option of the BP power on the Q, I really think you should just move to the BL to start with.

I have a 15" Q dual 2ohm with BP power option running off of a Kicker Kx1200.1 amp. It's in a 4 ft^3 box tuned to 28hz and i'm very happy with it. So i guess that's two votes for ported =D I say buy it and build a sealed enclosure for it first. It's easy to do and won't cost you more than $20. You'll get some box building experience and also a good feel for how it sounds sealed until you can build yourself a ported enclosure. Once you have that done, then you'll be able to decide for yourself which one you like better. Either way you go, you're going to love the sub.

Don't miss out! Kicker Kx1200.1 sale ends Sunday at midnight!

Sign in to follow this