Sign in to follow this  
HellRzR

saz 3000d vs IA40.1

The 40.1 is rated for 3600 and the 3000D for 3000 watts, so the 40.1 should do more power as it is a larger amplifier. Are there any sort of restrictions on amperage in your class?

no, just under 3000 watts at 4ohm rating, and ratings isnt allways the truth, if the saz cmes to life at .5 and say the ia drops off then the ia loses, ive seen impressive numbers on the saz, jus havent seen the numbers on the IA40.1

no, just under 3000 watts at 4ohm rating, and ratings isnt allways the truth, if the saz cmes to life at .5 and say the ia drops off then the ia loses, ive seen impressive numbers on the saz, jus havent seen the numbers on the IA40.1

Indeed, I haven't had my hands on a 40.1 to offer a direct comparison. Perhaps someone on here has -- have you tried Termpro?

Indeed, I haven't had my hands on a 40.1 to offer a direct comparison. Perhaps someone on here has -- have you tried Termpro?

no, i tend to stay off that one

I know someone who ran the saz 1500 strapped and kept blowing up his sub's cause of them being wired wrong which he won't admit to but I ran 4 20.1 strapped on 4 ssd and they never broke a sweat so imagine what the 40.1 will do either way both amps r very well respected and can't go wrong either way

40.1 is a more powerful amp.

Dont wanna knock teh 3000D but its teh truth.

yes i know the 40.1 is a strong amp. but i run a class where effeciency rules, so the one putting the most out at say .5 ohm and drawin less on the batts wins. that is what im looking for. if the 40.1 is drawing more power off the amps, then the power will begin to fade, as there will not be enuff juice and we all know what happens if you dont have enuff juice. its easier to let the smoke out then put it back in

i talked to ray farmer a few weeks ago, from what i remeber, im pretty sure he was telling me that he ran at .5 ohms and was getting 5300 watts with one cell, and it never went below 12 volts, i think he said he burped 3 times,

thats from memory i smoke alot, so.... yeah

40.1 is a more powerful amp.

Dont wanna knock teh 3000D but its teh truth.

yes i know the 40.1 is a strong amp. but i run a class where effeciency rules, so the one putting the most out at say .5 ohm and drawin less on the batts wins. that is what im looking for. if the 40.1 is drawing more power off the amps, then the power will begin to fade, as there will not be enuff juice and we all know what happens if you dont have enuff juice. its easier to let the smoke out then put it back in

.5ohms on either one, takes efficiently out teh window a little.