topgun

Mileva build log.

I figured I might as well post some pictures while I'm building the Mileva's... It will be updated as it progresses.

Plans.

http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/FAL/...-1v0-021207.pdf

Stacks of lumber

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

The braces.

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0715.jpg

Internal baffles with the 5* angle from the tablesaw. (There is another set too, just didn't photograph them)

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

The sides drying on a back baffle.

DSCN0723.jpg

I'll post more pictures as it progresses. :)

Looking good!!

thats a lot of boxx for a small driver :)

but the design looks killer

post up a pic of the driver your using please :peepwall:

Edited by Lord Baccus

*drools

Nice shop!!

Thanks, but it needs a lot done to it. More clamps, new Incra miter gague, new Incra fence/outfeed table, couple more work benches would be just awsome. :)

I'll post a pic of the drivers when I get them in, but they are the Fostex FE127E's.

Current state of box #2

DSCN0745.jpg

Current state of box #1

DSCN0738.jpg

Things left to do are finish gluing up #2, and then trim my front baffle in real white oak so when I do a roundover on it it will look good and won't have any plywood endgrain showing.

The front baffle is Oak veneer ply, that is going to be done in a medium dark walnut stain with triple coats of tung oil, then the rest of the box will be piano black finish.

Box two current state...

DSCN0749.jpg

DSCN0750.jpg

Box one backside, waiting on binding posts, etc.

DSCN0748.jpg

I have to get down to hear those. Shit!

I have to get down to hear those. chit!

Hell for the right amout of money they could even be yours. :)

Thanks guys. :)

More pictures to be coming later, have the stuff to paint and doing the front baffles today too I hope. :)

This is the current state of them now. I powered one of them up tonight and was rather pleased as to the sound, some things could be helped a little bit in the HF but I think I can work those issues out without any problems. They are going to be a dark walnut stain on the front baffle, yes I do realize there is an *opps* on the front, but when I'm done you will never realize that it was there. You can see from the pictures the current status on them, they will be finished by monday so I can take them back to school with me.

Cutting the port out.

DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

The listening trial.

DSCN0764.jpg

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0772.jpg

The shop.

DSCN0768.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

The current equipment powering them (it's a lot easier to move this stuff then my normal gear...)

DSCN0771.jpg

And what they look like currently. The red is just primer, it will be black when done.

DSCN0773.jpg

Those look great Ryan, and as always, so jealous of your shop.

While your work is great and I love the full range, I just can't dig the uber wide baffles. They look like desgin mistakes to me; however that doesn't mean i disrespect their capability nor does it mena that I don't want to hear them.

While your work is great and I love the full range, I just can't dig the uber wide baffles. They look like desgin mistakes to me; however that doesn't mean i disrespect their capability nor does it mena that I don't want to hear them.

The design is ment to be placed close to the wall and not need baffle step correction, hence wide baffles. The dimensions are growing on me but if I had my druthers I don't think I'd have such wide baffles either.

But thanks for the compliments though guys. :):)