pyfocal

Bridging an SAX100.4

Just got my 100.4 and I am going to bridge it to run a set of components for now(active later).What is the proper hook up for the RCA's to the amp -the manual doesn't show this.Do I use channel 1 and channel 4 or some other combination. Thanks

Just got my 100.4 and I am going to bridge it to run a set of components for now(active later).What is the proper hook up for the RCA's to the amp -the manual doesn't show this.Do I use channel 1 and channel 4 or some other combination. Thanks

Use a set of Y adapters and use all four inputs.

Thanks for the quick reply.I assume you mean "y" one RCA to channels 1 and 2 and "y" the other RCA to channels 3 and 4.Thank You ! I am looking forward to trying out the amp this weekend.What is a realistic rms for this amp bridged with music-is the 320 per side accurate ?

Thanks for the quick reply.I assume you mean "y" one RCA to channels 1 and 2 and "y" the other RCA to channels 3 and 4.Thank You ! I am looking forward to trying out the amp this weekend.What is a realistic rms for this amp bridged with music-is the 320 per side accurate ?

Yes, that is correct.

The 100.4 is underrated around 10% or so.

didn't want to start another bridging 100.4 thread so i'll just add to this

looking to bridge my 100.4 so i can feed my hertz hsk165 components 320 watts. does this mean that with the xover in place, the tweeter and mids will get 160 each?

sorry for the noob question =(

looking to bridge my 100.4 so i can feed my hertz hsk165 components 320 watts. does this mean that with the xover in place, the tweeter and mids will get 160 each?

The amount of power each driver gets is entirely dependent on how the manufacturer of your crossover splits the power in that passive set.

I highly doubt its a 50/50 split though. Probably closer to 20/80.

The amount of power each driver gets is entirely dependent on how the manufacturer of your crossover splits the power in that passive set.

I highly doubt its a 50/50 split though. Probably closer to 20/80.

Awesome, thanks. I'm not sure how the xover is configured. but on the hertz site, the tweeters can handle 95w rms, and 6.5's can handle 150rms, 250max. feeding 320watts to them should be okay then, with the gains set correctly right?

you could damage the set with 150w of non-clipped power. It depends what is playing. What if you were playing a 5khz test tone for a while... that could probably kill the tweeter. It depends on where the majority of the frequencies is being played at. For music, it's usually playing a very broad range. If components are rated for 200wrms, i wouldnt go no higher than 250 non-clipped or maybe right at 200, depending on how it's setup.

x-overs, i believe, allow you to cut the tweeter down, -3, -6, that's how it can handle the power with the rest of the set, but again, it depends on how it's setup...

Edited by shizzzon