Trixter

Got a 15" Stroker....

As some of you may have read, I traded an Alpine CD player, that I got for free, for a 15" stroker. I'm going to go outside right now and put it in and see what it does with the A7hc pushing it......be back in a little while to let you how it did....

Definitely want to hear these results. How it stacks up to the PB stuff too.

- Steve

what model stroker? and did you build a box for it?

OK. The box that I used was my daily box; 3cu', 28Hz, 29sq" of port. This is the box I use for my Brahma. I tried to just drop it in but the basket of the Stroker must be like 1/8" larger. Anyhow, after a little trimming it fit. I just now noticed that the thing is 4ohm dvc and not 2. My A7hc only does 600w @ 2ohm. I figured it would make some noise but I didn't plan to expect too much from it. Wow. Was I wrong. after a few minor amp adjustments (turning the gain up to 1/4) that thing pounds. I played a bass CD and it kept up pretty good. Not as well as my Brahma or PBX does, but it holds it's own. I have only played it for a few minutes. I'm going to leave it in for a few days to give it a fair chance. O'yeah, the model, not sure. It's an old one (10 years maybe?). Paper cone and very small, thin surround, single magnet (I'm not that familiar with them, they could all be like this). X-max can't be that much. I was kinda scard that it was just going to fly apart but it didn't. It was enough to make my rear view point down towards my counsel. I'll add to this thread as I go.

Stroker001.jpg

Stroker002.jpg

The best "old" sub in my opinion. Play around with it.

- Steve

wow 10 years, but nice quart crossovers, look just like mine :D

Yeah, I can tell it has much potential. But I think it's the box that's holding it back. With music, it seems like it's lacking all except for a very small freq. window. When I play a bass CD I can tell that it can do some damage, but you have to purposley give it those notes. Both the PBX and teh B-15 don't have this problem. Could just be 10 years of technology.

I have a feeling that it may be going up for sale some time soon.

Yeah, I can tell it has much potential. But I think it's the box that's holding it back. With music, it seems like it's lacking all except for a very small freq. window. When I play a bass CD I can tell that it can do some damage, but you have to purposley give it those notes. Both the PBX and teh B-15 don't have this problem. Could just be 10 years of technology.

I have a feeling that it may be going up for sale some time soon.

well since you got it for free... :P

haven't plopped a better low power sub into my wall yet...

And I've had some RE SX's in there =-o

The strokers are getting old and can't take a beating like they used to...but damit I can't find anything better? lol

They are some kickass subs, and I'd buy some new ones if they didn't cost SO much on ebay...

ah, and yea... they do have that one big peak in most boxes. I had them in... about 2.5 cubes each tuned to about 42hz and they were loud over a pretty large range, didn't sound terrible.... and was DAM loud. 8 cubes 35hz... sounded pretty sweet, but yea, peaky. 15 cubes 40hz... probably my favorite. It was loud, and still sounded pretty good. (was a half wall - middle port). 25 cubes at who knows what freq.. why did I ever build that box lol. 10 cubes at 62hz, SQ is out the door except for a very, VERY select few songs that sound sweet. WIth the port plug, they tune to about 45 hz... sound's better but no SQ setup... to peaky.

Edited by Spkrman

Strokers are pretty decent SPL drivers, even in todays standards. Here are a few pics of my old 15" 2 ohm DVC model. The first one is the sub (very top of pic) in my car (highest was a 147.9 on a tough AC meter). The next are a couple pics next to my 15" Juggernaut. The Jugg and the Stroker were about the same SPL, but the box wasn't built for either of them. OOps:)

post-2-1093139614.jpg

Nice Jugg! ANd that damn US amps is ridiculous!

Here is the pic of the amp that I used to sell the amp on Ebay. Really gets the point across on how big the amp really is. Just for reference, Hallie is 24" long in the picture:)

post-2-1093141857.jpg

Here is the pic of the amp that I used to sell the amp on Ebay. Really gets the point across on how big the amp really is. Just for reference, Hallie is 24" long in the picture:)

LOL....nice pic... :o:lol:

I remember that shot because I wanted to buy that amp