Sign in to follow this  
carguy83

box build for my friend's two RLi 8's

Once again i forgot to take more pics during the build. i was too eager to finish lol. these are some beefy 8s! i had a couple of 4" aeros i wasn't using so i decided to use it for this build. the circles on the flush panel didnt come out 100% round. i need a jasper jig and router. :(

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

putting the port together...

Image008.jpg

test fit

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

currently have it in my car til he picks it up. got my arc sending the pair around 800 or so. i'm VERY impressed with their output. to my ear, it's close to my RLp 15 sealed. SQ is pretty nice as well. it's pretty punchy with rock and stuff, quick with the dance/techno, and drops low with hip hop. i think he'll like it. :D

That, my friend, is pretty damn sweet! :lickscreen:

So... What are the spec's on your enclosure? strokebeard.gif

thanks mike. badass product as usual. :)

well sad to say my RLp 15 is sitting next to my bed. i currenty have a 12" hertz audio hi-energy for the bass duties in my car. nothing wrong with the 15, it's just took up too much space. so with the hertz, i can have a very small enclosure and gain trunk space back. it's .75 cubes. i'm not going to sell the my 15 though lol. i love it too much to sell, plus it's the bare cone design from back then. B)

before i took it out it was in a 2.0 net sealed and 2.5 cubes ported to 30hz with two 4" aeros. thinking of turning it into a HT sub. it should get nice and low. :)

my trunk as it sits (minus the carpeted box. haven't taken any updated pics yet)

IMG_0496.jpg

Edited by carguy83

Nice work, love the real baffle and flares!

lol i'll put my money he only double baffled so the flares could clear from the floor :)

hehe, you're probably right, but it looks great either way.

I like the side view that shows the woofers and the port so much, I'd almost consider putting a piece of Lexan on that side if it was my box.

Nice job.

lol i'll put my money he only double baffled so the flares could clear from the floor :)

maybeeeeeeeee :peepwall::)

the baffle did help reduce the port length going inside the box by .75". But that's all I needed to keep the flare from hitting the magnet on one of the subs.