Sign in to follow this  
shotcaller

Budget sub?

I currently have 2 mtx 4000 10's but i am giving them to my mom and looking to get a single 12 under $100 that i can port and send 350 watts at 2 ohms mostly for sound quality but also want it to get decently loud i dont care about fancy dancy looks just want a good sub...thnks

what about running a nice 10 or a very nice 8", that budget is really tight

but maybe check out the Image Dynamics ID10 v3, SD has it for 110 shipped

or check out the older Kicker XPLs they are the round predecessor to the L5, you can find them mad cheap right now

yea some peopel on CA.com are selling thier RE 8's

for 8's they wang :D , and are pretty big too. you can buy 2 new ones for like under 100$

i was looking at the tangbands for this reason but i get paid on friday so im hopping i have some cash left for me this week that i can add :D

I would look into ED's K series. They have some of the best qualit control I have seen. Other than that there are several options and I have to agree that maybe 1 10 or 2 8's would suit your situation better.

I will vouch for the K series...ver good affordable drivers. I had mine in my Grand Marquis sealed seeing about 200w and it sounded great...it wasnt rediculously loud like most other people systems, but it gave me what I was looking for. I'd say in a smaller car, ported, and seeing more wattage you would be really happy with a K 10"...or even a 12...

well i am going to go with the k then, i will let you all know how it turns out i will be builing the box myself so it may take a while thanks