shaven99ranger

C-Note's 2008 Bass Race Build Thread!

Well, after lots of thought and consideration I decided to scale it down a bit for this year. Too many things going on with the new baby and new promotion at work.

But I just couldn't walk away totally, so here's a thread to chronicle exactly what's going down over my way...... for anyone interested that is!

Mucho thanks to three good friends at three AWESOME companies for supporting me through this build. Tracy Focht @ Kicker, Nick Wright @ Incriminator Audio, and Scottie Johnson @ Powermaster!

I have no pictures of the any of the amps, gotta get with my man Tracy tomorrow morning to get all that stuff on the way! I'm anxiously awaiting my Warhorse and new 850.4's! But I gotta put some kind of plug up for him, so here it is... (more updates on this part SOON!)

100_3018.jpg

Shout out to Nick for some awesome wooferage!

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

And my man Scottie just had these heavy bastards delivered...

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

Sounds like a potentially awesome build. Just using a single Warhorse...or maybe more? ;)

Sounds like a potentially awesome build. Just using a single Warhorse...or maybe more? ;)

The 12's in the picture were for another car. the 15's will be in this project.

and will be a single warhorse.

Glad to see it all finally coming together!! Congrats on the baby too, Nick showed me the pics you sent!

Good luck!!!

Glad to see it all finally coming together!! Congrats on the baby too, Nick showed me the pics you sent!

Thanks bro. I've made a lot of friends, contacts, etc. and such over the years....but you and Nick are two friends that I value. You guys have taken care of me since I signed on with you guys. Things have been a little wacko here for a few months....but I'm pumped and primed for the new season.

I go back to work Monday, and the building starts then. pics and such to follow.

Totally forgot to mention the doors to Nick on the phone the other day Josh. Hopefully should have some early pics this week. You guys are gonna love the paint scheme on them!

Ok, lots of progress today. For anyone who didn't know, we ripped the old enclosure completey out.

wall.jpg

It just wasn't working and fitting like I wanted it to.

So we are starting from scratch on the enclosure. I also found out when I started the project I'm gonna show you a picture of in a minute that one of my guys in the shop is a jack of all trades and can weld! So we got some major progress done today.

One of the reason this has taken so long is because I have had a huge project here in the shop that's taken A LOT of my time! This beast will be the death of us!

January212008030.jpg

So I pulled that big bastard out of the way so we could get to our toolboxes and work. (ps...small plug for our xmas presents we bought courtesy of some reward certificates we got from CC)

January212008021.jpg

And I have another friend at a local F650 shop that is helping me with all my fiberglass work. My man Pete is awesome! Here's a quick shot of the back doors. No speakers, just filling in the window hole and prepping for paint!

January212008022.jpg

January212008023.jpg

I can't wait for the finished product!!

Keep the pix coming!

Nice amps.

updates? :)

they are coming, just slower than I expected. Shop's been a madhouse the last two days.

Not much progress, but Scottie should be pleased! LOL

Copper goes on tomorrow and welding on the amp rack should start as well. Box pics should also be coming soon!

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

Edited by shaven99ranger