shaven99ranger

C-Note's 2008 Bass Race Build Thread!

This is what the cab of the truck looks like now.

My main focus on this build was Bass Race and IASCA's Bass Boxing class but I had hoped it would work in SS No Wall, but with the amp and conductor limit it throws me out of that class and into SS 3-4. I still manage to fit into IASCA's Advanced NW class, so I guess it's cool.

Cab as it sits...

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

Should we be expecting to see a blow through? :) :) :) :)

Should we be expecting to see a blow through? :) :) :) :)

Nope, I haven't quite made the decision to go that far. But I'm uploading pics now, so hopefully you will like the progress so far!

Ok, so my opinion is that today was a pretty productive day.

I am pretty sure that most following this thread know that I pulled the wall out and my plan was to replace it with something that has a little No Wall flavor.

But before I post any box pics, I'll get to the battery updates. I finally got all the copper drilled and put on.

How's this look?

Right side ground bar....

DSCN0419.jpg

Left side ground bar...

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

Right side positive bar...

DSCN0424.jpg

and Left side positive bar...

DSCN0425.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

I also got all the bars that will be linking the two positive strips drilled and tapped. I should have those on tomorrow. Need longer bolts before I could put those on today.

Ok, so here's some box info...

And since I cut my fingers off with the table saw, this is about as close to a table saw as I stand!

DSCN0413.jpg

wonder what these are for?

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

this maybe?

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

and here's how it looks in the truck so far...

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

Edited by shaven99ranger

Damnit Carlton I need more!!!!

Put the guard back on the table saw and there might not be any more fingers lost!! :)

Put the guard back on the table saw and there might not be any more fingers lost!! :)

no thanks, I'll pass. I'm not kidding when I say that saws scare the $hit out of me.

Here's some more door updates. and some much better pictures than the camera phone ones I took the other day. Still some more body work that needs to be done, but they are almost done.

Hope ya like, and if ya don't...well you won't be driving the truck now will you? :D;):P

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

Ok, so we got some more done in the last couple of days. Keep in mind I have to squeeze this project in between paying customer's cars.

So I showed you guys the buss bars for the two rows of batteries, and now here's the linker bars that connect the two rows. Took a lot of time making sure all the holes were drilled exactly where they needed to be.

Notice I have the grounds attached to the negative sides as well.

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

now I had to make a spot for the grounds on the frame...

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

and now a little black primer to prevent any rust.

DSCN0456.jpg

The guys at the shop always wondered why I take so many pictures of what we're doing, so they decided to say hello in one

DSCN0453.jpg

and a little charger modification here. Had to get rid of those alligator clips and make it a little easier to charge the batteries while the truck sits. ps...Kicker wire rocks!

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

DSCN0460.jpg

well, no major updates today. My truck spent all day at the local 4x4 shop getting some rear suspension work done to support the weight. I didn't want to be driving around and be unsafe with how it's getting done, so I figured I would do it the right way.

I had what's called a "Progressive Load Suspension" put on. This was the suggestion of the local shop's owner Sandy. He's owned Sandy's 4x4 for 20+ years now, a trusted name around the southeast in this field.

The Progressive Load Suspension consists of an additional 3 leaf springs put in with aset of U Bolts that can be adjusted according to the amount of weight to keep the rear end from sagging.

I also ended up spending a lot more than I expected for new 488 gears, new driver side rear axle shaft, and a few other small things.

Here's the best pics I could take at the time.

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

Lots of good work!

So...UPS just left the house. Nick sent me a package today, but I had no clue what it was.

DSCN0474.jpg

So I immediately thought it could be my monster db producing, raw wattage pumping, killer street battery I've been waiting on! Then I was promptly reminded why I don't have it yet??? wtf?

DSCN0476.jpg

and if any of you REALLY know me....you'll know I'm indecisive as hell. I can't make up my mind to save my life. Just ask Nick, Tracy, and Scottie. So Nick thought he should remind me of my personality flaw....

DSCN0477.jpg

Then Nick thought you guys might want to see our family portrait. He just forgot the dog.

DSCN0478.jpg

and speaking of Scottie, what package would be complete without a little Tottie lovin included! Gotta be an instant dB right there! Notice the mole is so life like!

DSCN0479.jpg

Updates from a year old build?