jdogg3422

I'm a newbie needing info...

I have a lincoln navigator and want to have some nice loud subs that hit hard. How would two of the rl-s12's be? And also would a kicker 1500 for each sub be enough to power it?? Suggestions or comments please! thanks.

That would be a very nice setup, although, I don't think you're looking for the type of sound that the RL-s is going to give you.

It sounds like you just want a street beater. I could be wrong though, so why don't you tell us what you're looking for exactly and what systems you've had/heard in the past and what you've liked.

I have had just a couple of average JL 10's before, but I wasn't too serious about subs at that point. I am looking to have something to just straight up pound basss and be loud as hell, in the above 140 db's and hitting 150db would be nice. My buddy has 3 Boston Accoustic 12'' ovals, 555 series i think and they are hitting really hard, and he put up numbers in the upper 140's in a hummber h3. I'd like to be comparable if not beating him.

Edited by jdogg3422

The RL-s has the ability to get loud, but they need a very large box. I think what might be a better route would be the RL-p 15's or a single RL-p 18.

The RL-s has the ability to get loud, but they need a very large box. I think what might be a better route would be the RL-p 15's or a single RL-p 18.

i don't think the rl-s needs a huge box to get loud. i got to a 139.9 outlaw with a single 12 rl-s in 2.5ft^3 tuned to 32hz with just 1200wrms and a factory gm radio. now that being said, it won't offer it's flattest response, might lose some on the extreme bottom end, but if he's got enough power............

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

How do you think 4 rl-p12's would sound with two kicekr 1500 watt amps??

would be very loud and depending on box, would sound pretty damn good as well.

of course neon's idea just above this would rip nicely as well, lol!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i don't think the rl-s needs a huge box to get loud. i got to a 139.9 outlaw with a single 12 rl-s in 2.5ft^3 tuned to 32hz with just 1200wrms and a factory gm radio. now that being said, it won't offer it's flattest response, might lose some on the extreme bottom end, but if he's got enough power............

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

My fault on the wording, it was two ideas in one sentence. Meaning they prefer large boxes, but don't need them to get loud. ;)