jdogg3422

13w7 or sound splinter s12?

Im looking to bump hard around the streets, getting real loud and sounding great. I'm buying two of either one and they'll be in a navigator. Thanks for the help!

13W7 is a nice sub but a little pricey. But then again what isn't pricey anymore.

I'd go with Soundsplinter, personally, heard a lot of good things about them and have a friend that runs a Soundsplinter RL-P 12" and it bangs hard for a single 12" setup.

I hear too many people around here where I live that have had bad luck with JL, but I've never used JL so it still is probably a pretty nice Sub.

Just my .02 cents

All depends on the box and car, I heard a 13w7 at a festival once. I didn't really like the sound quality of it, then again it was in a box with speakers and tweeters. I'd say go to a shop and listen to a w7 there, if you like it buy it. If you don't then take a chance and get the Sound splinter. In the end, if you don't like the SS you can always sell it.

You asked for a 13w7 vs soundsplinter S12. You mean the RL-s ? I would probably put the RL-s in a whole diffrent league, since it uses a far more interesting motor topology.

What kind of power you have available could probably decide your subs as the RL-s has a single 3 ohm coil.

yea i would go to a shop and listen to the w7 if you like it get it but if u wanna take a chance with review of lots of people who love it then go SS

Im looking to bump hard around the streets, getting real loud and sounding great.

I'm confused...

I'd recommend whatever's cheaper, so you can start paying the noise violation tickets you'll be receiving...

It appears as though either driver will do what you want.

I'd recommend listening to as many drivers as possible to get an idea of what is out there - also, try poking around the manufacturer forums here and check out some installs and reviews.

How would u guys say they're in a different league? BTW, I'll have a kicker 1500 on each sub.

The Soundsplinter RL-s has a very diffrent motor, with the goal of sounding best at any volume (to simplify it).

If the amps are stable at 2 ohms I would probably look away from the RL-s. Maybe the RL-p if you really want SS ?

It all depends on what you need:

LOUD LOUD SOUND: 13w7 in a ported alignment.

LOUD LOUD SQ: RL-s 12 will only be worth it in a sealed alignment.

doesn't sound to me like you have heard both drivers :(

Honestly, the RL-s is not what I think you want. You can get a pair of Sound Splinter RL-p's for the price of a JL W7, and still have great SQ with much more output potential.

agreeded.

rock = sealed box.

rap = ported

lol

agreeded.

rock = sealed box.

rap = ported

lol

i'll promise you that my ported box will sound just as good if not better than a sealed box with rock music.

Edited by almond

How about if I went with 4 rl-p12's with two kicker 1500 watt amps?? Also, do I go with 2 or 4 ohm subs..

that would kick ass!

you'd need d2 subs

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

How about if I went with 4 rl-p12's with two kicker 1500 watt amps?? Also, do I go with 2 or 4 ohm subs..

that would kick ass!

you'd need d2 subs

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

How many dB's could I possibly reach in a nissan titan ext. cab??

no clue.

but if it didn't get mid 140's, something would be wrong. but it all depends upon install, tuning, sound deadning, etc, etc

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: