Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

New Workout, New Diet

I had a science teacher one time that gave me more good advice than i could ever recall correctly, but one great thing he told me was...

if you read something that doesn't have any sources, take it with a grain of salt.

holds true very often.

I had a science teacher one time that gave me more good advice than i could ever recall correctly, but one great thing he told me was...

if you read something that doesn't have any sources, take it with a grain of salt.

holds true very often.

Very well put.

I think this dude has enough variable information to start figuring out a routine/diet that will work for him.

If you want, I can put up a sample tracking of what I eat in a day for you to gauge what six meals a day looks like.

Please do... I'm trying it out now and its just plain wierd, but I should get used to it.

lol, my mom use to throw away my creatine back in high school days, but i didnt need it just naturally built...

But my biggest problem right now is making time to exercise and getting the motivation to get up and do something.

Bought a jump rope, but its cold, lol, i guess i could always put on the old plastic trashbag and jog a lil bit...

I think thats a big thing keeping a schedule and sticking to it, otherwise u'll get in a slump like me and when u finally do work out ur gonna be sore for about a week, lol

1 question i have is if ur just trying to lose weight by doing cardio and weight lifting...is there really a need for the extra protein?

I recall reading that for the avg person they dont need it...but say u lost weight and was still working out, what would be the diffrence if u took teh protein and didnt take it?

Almost makes me forget this is a car audio forum, lol

http://stewsmith.com

I used his 45 day program and dropped 32 pounds in a little over 45 days. Just don't slack off on it, and just eat right and you'll drop the weight.

Since I have this thread I figure I might as well track some progress.

Initial Stats

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 213.8lbs

Division: 1st Squad

Chest: 55" (I think)

Mid: 39"

Waist: 40" (Not completely accurate as 36" waist clothes can't be worn w/o a belt)

Mile: 7:59

Push Ups: 32 (ehh pretty weak if you ask me)

Running only consist of 3/4 of a mile, Last lap is stepped up a notch and the last 100m are 100%.

This week is all cardio which consisted of Jump and Jacks, arm rotations (Lots of them at one time). steam engines, toe touches, pea pickers (I think that is what its called). Keeping the heart rate up and gives you a good full body soreness.

Today we hit the pool. A couple laps, some running in the pool, high knees, and just treading water for an extended period of time. I'm going to look into getting some more advanced lessons in swimming from a friend of mine if I can fit it into the schedule

1st squad consist of the fastest runners in the group though I am the slowest of the group. I'm a big bodied kid running with some guys who fight to be over 150lbs. and some who are 6'7"+ that run like gazelles.

This week has been easy because of a lot of processing (obtaining all the stats), we will see what next week holds

End of Phase 1 Stats (Week 4)

Height: 6'2"

Weight:

Division: 1st Squad

Chest:

Mid:

Waist:

Mile: 7:18 (41s improvement)

Push Ups:

The rest will be updated as I go along in the next few days

I also thought I would throw out some of the workouts we do in the gym....

Tuesday

Focus Exercise

Pull Ups

Chest

Bench Press, Dips, Butterfly Machine

Legs

Leg Extension, Hamstring Curl

Arms

Hammer Flies, Preacher Curls

Shoulders

Dumbell Lateral Raise, Lying Dumbell Punches

Focus Exercise II

Military Press, Shoulder Press

Abs

Hanging Knee Raises, Sit Ups

Back

Lat Pulldown, Back Extension

lol, my mom use to throw away my creatine back in high school days, but i didnt need it just naturally built...

But my biggest problem right now is making time to exercise and getting the motivation to get up and do something.

Bought a jump rope, but its cold, lol, i guess i could always put on the old plastic trashbag and jog a lil bit...

I think thats a big thing keeping a schedule and sticking to it, otherwise u'll get in a slump like me and when u finally do work out ur gonna be sore for about a week, lol

1 question i have is if ur just trying to lose weight by doing cardio and weight lifting...is there really a need for the extra protein?

I recall reading that for the avg person they dont need it...but say u lost weight and was still working out, what would be the diffrence if u took teh protein and didnt take it?

Almost makes me forget this is a car audio forum, lol

I hope chevy can jump in on this and give some science on this...

Protein is so much more nessicary when you are lifting rather than just being aerobic.

Protein and fat are needed to live, no matter what, and it's hard to get too much protein, or healthy fat for that matter. It's when you go way out of the realm of convention. Carbs are not as needed because the body can make sugars from the fats and proteins we eat. It's just more work.... It's part of why atkins works so well at burning fat.

To sum it up, eating some extra protein is almost always a great idea, and I'm about 99.99% sure it will accelerate your goals.

Well it has been 12 weeks since I started the program and my Stats are as follows

Stats: Initial/Final

Weight: 213.8lbs/

Mile: 7:59/6:48 (-1:11)

Push Ups: 32/59 (+27)

100yd Dash: 13.37/12.34 (-1.03s)

Bench Press: 185/205 (+20lb)(I know that I can get 215 though)

Leg Press: 480/530 (+50lb) (Does not include weight of the sled)

Pull ups: 1/7 (+6)

My weight is probably around 208 but with amount of muscle I've gained, I am fine with such a small weight loss.