calvin

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

can one of the fi owners please respond. i have 4 kicker cvx 15's (1000 watt rms). i have about 13 cubic feet of airspace. can any of ur subs outperform my current setup.i have 2 hifonics brutus (2000 watt 1 ohm). i want it to be more rumble inside the car. if so please tell me what. if not please tell me so i can keep it moving. i am kinda tired of this email stuff. i need a number or something cause i send u guys a 3 paragraph question they send u a 3 word response. come on slim. look i just need some direction. i am just tryna accept the fact that a lot of these guys are jumping out there and saying all types of stuff about fi. well can i get some direction from the owners please. not mad but just tired of emailing...isnt my thing.

It probably has a lot to do with the question. can a fi sub out perform your cvx's? sure, four SSD 15s could, but they could be less loud too. It's almost completely install dependant.

Chill out man...you just posted in your other thread what kind of car it was..

In my opinion i wouldn't fool with putting 2 18's in the trunk of a car, i'd build a wall for them...if your dead set on getting BTL 18's. Also those amps don't do 2kw as well..

Are you dead set on doing it in the trunk?

Thanks!

-Nick

i think i had talked with you about this aswell, those amps arnt the best, and i surely would not use them if i were gonna try and make a new and better sound.

those subs you have i have had. the car you have i have had.

fis are a much better sub. but if you do a bad install on anysub thay will not sound like you want them to. heres what im tryin to get at.

i assure you. if you spend the money. and stop tryin to cram as many subs as you can fit in your trunk, and instead get good amps with good subs. and you will have that sound your looking for.

i dont see how your gonna port 2 18s in a lincoln trunk.

i would say get two btl 15's in a large ported and tuned. match with the right amps and for me i would think about two sundown 3000's and set those gains down low to midland. and you will be happy.

that last reply is nick. hes the man too.

i would guess that your question is a double sides sword. your askin them to tell you whats gonna sound better when really its all up to you on how it will sound.

the best sub in the world matched up with a hifonics titan and a poorly build box will sound like crap. there is no two ways about that.

the only Hifonics line that is a real rated line is the XXV and i believe the old XX if i am not mistaken.

That amp and anything cheaper is like a budget amp, like Lanzar's Vibe series.

Anyway, i've owned an 88 crown vic before, big o car, humungo trunk.

I don't know where 2 18s came from but there is no way for 2 18s to be ported in 13 cu ft... hehe, impossible for optimal results.

Just those 2 amps you have, i'm guessing you're lookin at 1,800-2,300w max average combined with those amps.

The port displacement for 2 18s with that real power is probably over 2cuft easy, let alone you need , i think 6cuft per sub minimal.

Here is what i think as i have owned biggie trunks before-

i ran 2 15s and had the town praisin me.

what you could do-

2 15" BLs ported

4 12" SSD\Q\BLs (you need new amps for this) ported

By the way, seein that you have 4 15s in your car, can you tell us exactly how you got them in the trunk? Specs such as external dimensions - height, width, depth of box.

I'm curious to see if your current setup is even optimal.

This would give me and anyone else reading this an idea on what it is sounding like for you so we can get an idea of what you may be impressed with.

the hifonics is close to 5k some were in the 4's

and im pretty sure i know how he fot those 4 15;s in that trunk and the way there in there is the reason why hes not happy with them.

yeah they pretty much need to be in the trunk cause i wanna be able to drive my car regularly. and the way the back seat is setup u cant build it behind the seat cause of the gas tank. thats to much i am not tryna do all that. i just dont see how less cone space is better. i am not going for spl i want loud street bass if that even isnt the same. either way i am not tryna flip out on u its just that i have a lot of questions and i dont really like sending them this way.

Chill out man...you just posted in your other thread what kind of car it was..

In my opinion i wouldn't fool with putting 2 18's in the trunk of a car, i'd build a wall for them...if your dead set on getting BTL 18's. Also those amps don't do 2kw as well..

Are you dead set on doing it in the trunk?

Thanks!

-Nick

Man they have a LOT of customers with a lot of questions. If they put up their phone number they'd end up spending all day answering the phone and wouldn't be making any subs. Of course they could always hire extra help and raise the price of the woofers to compensate.

by using the forum they're able to use other people to answer the questions as well as them when they have the time.

less cone area isn't "better" but having the right sub in the right enclosure is. you'll get better results with 15s in their proper enclosures than you will with 18s in tiny enclosures where they can't breathe.

the box that i have now is a 4 chamber box. it is 8.51 cubic ft total. the box is 25x42x18? i think. anyway the setup is loud but my thing is that the box is big as hell and all those subs may not even be needed. i know that is more cone area but what does that determine?

and another reason i want to get rid of these subs is because they keep blowing. either one of the leads breaks or a vc goes out. they are a hassle.

i just dont wanna buy the wrong subs again and not be as loud. i am willing to buy the amps needed and subs to have the sound i want.

the only Hifonics line that is a real rated line is the XXV and i believe the old XX if i am not mistaken.

That amp and anything cheaper is like a budget amp, like Lanzar's Vibe series.

Anyway, i've owned an 88 crown vic before, big o car, humungo trunk.

I don't know where 2 18s came from but there is no way for 2 18s to be ported in 13 cu ft... hehe, impossible for optimal results.

Just those 2 amps you have, i'm guessing you're lookin at 1,800-2,300w max average combined with those amps.

The port displacement for 2 18s with that real power is probably over 2cuft easy, let alone you need , i think 6cuft per sub minimal.

Here is what i think as i have owned biggie trunks before-

i ran 2 15s and had the town praisin me.

what you could do-

2 15" BLs ported

4 12" SSD\Q\BLs (you need new amps for this) ported

By the way, seein that you have 4 15s in your car, can you tell us exactly how you got them in the trunk? Specs such as external dimensions - height, width, depth of box.

I'm curious to see if your current setup is even optimal.

This would give me and anyone else reading this an idea on what it is sounding like for you so we can get an idea of what you may be impressed with.

what kinda subs and amps do u use? and in what kinda car?

Man they have a LOT of customers with a lot of questions. If they put up their phone number they'd end up spending all day answering the phone and wouldn't be making any subs. Of course they could always hire extra help and raise the price of the woofers to compensate.

by using the forum they're able to use other people to answer the questions as well as them when they have the time.

less cone area isn't "better" but having the right sub in the right enclosure is. you'll get better results with 15s in their proper enclosures than you will with 18s in tiny enclosures where they can't breathe.

i run a towncar, with 2 bl 15's in a 8 foot tuned box with 3k on them and im willing to say im prolly knocking harder then your 4 kickers.

i say that cause i have been running towncars for 10 years, and i have been a bass head all my life. i have had your set up before

Put some pictures up of it so we know what we're looking at...i know nothing of those cars

Thanks!

-Nick

As Nick mentioned pictures would definitely help us out with visualizing what you have to work with. (4) sealed 15s would be louder than a pair of 15s ported about a half octave abovetuning and beyond.... but near tuning it is easy to make a pair of ported 15s louder. Now does this make for a "better" setup? I dont know.

So you are trying to get louder for a daily setup yet run the same sized system or smaller enclosure wise? If thats the case, you are running into physical limitations of things. Maybe (4)12s ported would fit (more cone area than 2 15s).

Sounds like the rear is sealed rather well with the gas tank in the way. Do you have much in the way of openings through the rear deck too? Simply removing the rear speakers and allowing for more of the sound/pressure to get into the cabin will help quite a bit if you already havent done so.

Thanks,

Scott

some old pics i have of my car

06-22-07_2118.jpg

even older, lol

IMGA0520.jpg

almost makes them look small, lol..

some old pics i have of my car

06-22-07_2118.jpg

even older, lol

IMGA0520.jpg

almost makes them look small, lol..

your 18's were stolen from your lincoln? thats a drag. how!!?? from the looks of it you have to take the lid off your trunk to get the box in!

LINCOLN UP!

aw well the first box, was wt SX18's..also they didnt steal the box they just stole the subs.

the Fi's were 15's and yea i made a weird box, still got them though, lol

come on slim. dont be silly. really. naw dont think so. u may hit loud on db's but i bet u my chit rumbles way more. dont sleep on my setup.

i run a towncar, with 2 bl 15's in a 8 foot tuned box with 3k on them and im willing to say im probably knocking harder then your 4 kickers.

i say that cause i have been running towncars for 10 years, and i have been a bass head all my life. i have had your set up before

just by me typing words, let me see if i can make you understand why he says his 2 15s are probably louder than your 4 15s.

Let me begin - :)

Your amps-

each one is probably averaging around 600-1100w before clipping induces(that's why you keep damaging your subs because your box isn't large enough, in my opinion, to bottom out those subs and damage coils).

So, both amps - 1200-2200w(2200w being an assumed peak before clipping induces).

You probably expect more from your amps so the volume gets cranked which induces clipping. If you used an o-scope, you would know what the maximum safe volume is before you start causing damage to your subs.

Now, let me go and talk about the subs-

You have 4 15s in 4 separate chambers. You would have been better off making all 1 common chamber or the least making 2 common chambers for all 4 subs but this is not the problem.

Problem - expecting wild and crazy bass from a sealed design when i bet the sound you are expecting comes from a ported design.

You can make a ported box all different kinds of way by where you want it to peak at but let me give you a basic scenario of what happens-

You "might" very well possibly be louder than bigjon frequencies starting at 50 or maybe 55 on up.

Big Jon probably has his box tuned low, 30-35hz i'm just assuming, and trust me, if he does, hehe, he is VERY VERY loud, way louder than your setup in the range of ~ 30-45hz(guesstimate).

But why do i say that?

Reason -

In a sealed box, only the front wave of the sub is in effect or is the main bass producer i could say.

In a ported box, not only is the front wave in use, but the rear wave is also by slamming inside the box and able to exit via a vent acting as another sub in itself as to speak.

Simply put, ported boxes are a LOT more efficient than sealed and that's a fact. Efficiency meaning a ported box has been claimed of being up to 9db more efficient than sealed as i have read before in the past somewhere.

Typical expectations of efficiency is around 4-6db, and for every 3 db is a doubling of power according to the human ear!

Now, big jon without a doubt just based on experience is more than likely louder than you by a good stretch on the low end bass. Your low end sound in your car is not quiet, that's not what i am saying, i'm just saying big jon's is a LOT louder without a doubt.

Just in the higher frequencies, ported boxes tend to slowly roll back down losing spl whereas sealed doesn't so in higher frequencies, you may be louder but just not in the low end by a good deal.

Typical expectations of efficiency is around 4-6db, and for every 10 db is a doubling of power according to the human ear!

Corrected.

thanks shizz

and "slim" just KNOW that when your 4 kickers, dont hold a candle. i have been reading sence you have joined this site.

when you bought your lil hifonics titan or what ever it is, i was tolling around with a 5k hifonics goliath.

and while you man not understand that my 2 subs cost more then your whole set up YET SOME HOW YOU STILL THINK YOUR BETTER THEN I. that makes me laugh

if you wanna be the boss you gotta pay the cost. and i did

and lastly slim. what makes you think that you could even try and push tha kinda sound i do with your everstart maxx batt. and your stock 130 amps alt at2800 rpms..?? i have 200 amps at idol beoing produced. and lets not forget the 3 yellow top type cells i have that store somwhere in the range of 3800 cranking amps ready to bring the pain. match with 2 runs of 0 gauge everywhere.

you have 2000 watts MAYBE going to 4 subs. i have 3000 TRUE POWER goint to 2 subs.

when you can do hair tricks with your lincoln towncar holla at me

I'm just curious...who's Slim?

lol he called me slim lol i guess thats the cool lingo in kansas or where ever he is from

but im a big ass white boy. far from slim just read the name

aw well the first box, was wt SX18's..also they didnt steal the box they just stole the subs.

the Fi's were 15's and yea i made a weird box, still got them though, lol

do you still have the towncar? got some pics. lets checkem out.

thanks shizz

and "slim" just KNOW that when your 4 kickers, dont hold a candle. i have been reading sence you have joined this site.

when you bought your lil hifonics titan or what ever it is, i was tolling around with a 5k hifonics goliath.

and while you man not understand that my 2 subs cost more then your whole set up YET SOME HOW YOU STILL THINK YOUR BETTER THEN I. that makes me laugh

if you wanna be the boss you gotta pay the cost. and i did

and lastly slim. what makes you think that you could even try and push THE kinda sound i do with your everstart maxx batt. and your stock 130 amps alt at2800 rpms..?? i have 200 amps at idol beoing produced. and lets not forget the 3 yellow top type cells i have that store somwhere in the range of 3800 cranking amps ready to bring the pain. match with 2 runs of 0 gauge everywhere.

you have 2000 watts MAYBE going to 4 subs. i have 3000 TRUE POWER goint to 2 subs.

when you can do hair tricks with your lincoln towncar holla at me

Cool down, we're not all as good as you are.

:)