Erotomania

Port and woofer placement

I've got a 91' honda prelude, and I'm going to try and use as much of the trunk as possible for a pair of 12's, rather Fi BLs or Fi Qs.

I'm thinking of firing the woofers up at the trunk lid or against the back of the trunk, and having the port vent through the trunk opening into the cabin of the car. I've heard how horrible sealed boxes sound if pointed through the trunk into the cabin, I'm just curious if the port would create such a horrible effect.

I'm building the box to pretty much use all of the little space I have, so there is nowhere else for the port to be free of obstruction.

What do you guys think?

well for the speaker, do you want to get loud or do you want sound quality? wall it off

I've heard how horrible sealed boxes sound if pointed through the trunk into the cabin,

I'd stop listening to whoever told you that.

this is not from experience so i am only going by what someone told me in the past.

running port(s) through a rear deck area is only good for SPL.

Trying to get the lows to be crazy loud, vent needs to be facing toward the rear or a simpler explanation, sub and port on same wall.

I know you do not have to do that with every type box but this is what has been told to me a long time ago.

I had inquired about running ports through rear deck several years ago ONLY because that was the way sound could get into the cabin area. I used to drive an older model crown vic.

this is not from experience so i am only going by what someone told me in the past.

running port(s) through a rear deck area is only good for SPL.

Trying to get the lows to be crazy loud, vent needs to be facing toward the rear or a simpler explanation, sub and port on same wall.

I know you do not have to do that with every type box but this is what has been told to me a long time ago.

I had inquired about running ports through rear deck several years ago ONLY because that was the way sound could get into the cabin area. I used to drive an older model crown vic.

I'm really torn at this point as to what I want SQ or SPL. If I did vent through the opening where the backseat folds down, that'd be my SPL option for sure.

And, maybe I've just had bad experiences with pointing sealed woofers into the cabin. No on told me it would sound bad, It's just never sounded good to me whenever I tried flipping a box around.

If your woofers are pointing inside the cabin instead of the back your going to want to eliminate sound going backwards (causing cancellations)