Sign in to follow this  
tharookie

1500d [something weird happened]

i went to get something to eat earlier and went to play my system that im tryn hard not to use till the season starts and i rolled into a beat really quick,which i shouldnt have,but did,and my amp cut off.its a 1500d and it didnt go into protect just turned off.i turned my head unit off and checked my fuse and it was fine.i turned the hu back on and it came right back on.weird huh.its dark right now so i couldnt check to c if a sub blew or what,but its still hittn hard as heck!!!anybody now what happened?thanks

If the remote voltage went below the level to turn the amp on this could occur, or if supply voltage went below ~9 volts or so.

yeah yeah i know on teh sony decks there is an option, that when you turn it down at a certin number it cuts the amp off. i have had a problem with the H/u not cacthing up fast enough or even cutting the amp off when ever it wanted.

im sure it was a sony... i think..... it was years ago

[the voltage is fine.ive got three batts on it.its been fine foe a while.just happened today.to dark to c if a fuse in my amp was blown but if one was blown,it woulnt cut on would it.

iff all but one poped the amp would come on I would expect but it should pop too once its capacity has been surpased

[the voltage is fine.ive got three batts on it.its been fine foe a while.just happened today.to dark to c if a fuse in my amp was blown but if one was blown,it woulnt cut on would it.

no. well i have had amps run off the remote power. but not a sub amp. you said its still knockin hard.

so it has to be somehwere else

or well some amps have two fuses one for left and one for right. if you blow one fuse it will still play but only half power, or so. that was an old MTX. i recall

i was not talkina bout your main power in my first reply, i was talkina bout the option for your cd player to cut off your sub.

Edited by bigjon

really, that's retarded, i hope they never put that "option" in any head units nowadays.

If i had an amp just shut off completely, i turn hu off then on again and it's fine from then on, but it only shut off from a quick high volume turn on, or whatever you did, sounds like a remote wire issue.

If it ever does it again while you are just jamming, check remote wire first and then ground. If ground is good, buy a relay and put it in line with your remote wire. I got a 20A relay on my remote line, just imagine all the add-ons i can do!! You can get diagrams i believe from 12volt.com for properly wiring the relay to add any addition to your stereo system through the relay so it doesn't stress the HU.

[ok.my hu is a alpine 9885 and ive had problems w it cuttn off completely until i ran a 8gage from battery to remote.now its fine.ill check my fuses on my amp and then my ohm load to see if a sub is blown.ill let yall know tomorrow.just seems weird that it would do it now after running it for awhile now and not having any problems w it.why wouldnt the amp go into protect.why just shut completely off

8g wire for your remote? I hope you have sort of a way to tun the amp off when its not in use. I would expect it to also short out if it happened to hit your ground

because the remote wire is a turn on\off wire, not a "go into protect" wire.

I was gonna say run the remote line from your amp to your ignition wire but the disadvantage can sometimes occur- It's possible sometimes, i dont know how, but i've heard it happening before, large quantities of amps' remote wires tied into a constant 12v wire can drain a battery in several days of no use. I don't know how but it has happened. So, because i do not know how it happened, having an amp on the ignition wire at all worries me anymore so i stopped doin it a few years ago.

Also, to be picky, if you decided not to have your stereo on at all, running amp through constant power wire will make the amp draw idle current even though it's not in use. It shouldnt be much but still is there. If i had to guess... maybe 2 amps, just nit picking to give u some info.

no,the 8 gauge wire is ran to the yellow wire on my hu.sorry guys.i said remote.my fault.ill check it tomorrow and see what is going on.my team owner said he would take a look at it also.ill figure it out but i thought that was weird.my amp,everything shuts off when i turn the head unit off or car off.i wouldnt do anything like that if i had too.thanks guys for all ur help.this is why i like this forum.everyones willing to put there 2 cents in and help.

hehe, when i gave the scenario of those amps still drawing power when car is off, the amp IS OFF when doing so!. That was the whole point of the "crazy" factor of the story.

They draw so little, mA's amount that i guess with that many amps, it was too much. Now, i don't know if they are suppose to do that or not but just lettin u know thats why i chose not to anymore.

And now i understant what u said. Your yellow wire is basically your power wire for your HU, u just fed a brand new power wire to your HU and it's fine? if that's true, then your factory wire harness or your wire harness adapter has a connection issue. Basically, it's getting enough power now, before, it just had enough power to run the HU, for more features such as run remote line, it have that problem.

Sounds right to me. Still not normal though. I would find out why you had to run a new power line rather than just keeping it that way. What if some more wires in your harness stop working?

You know what... it's been a while since i wired a stereo. Is the ignition wire even in a wire harness? Now that i think about it, i don't think it is since it's the largest wire next to the ground wire and power antennae wire. I'm confusing myself now, i'll shut up.

ok,i found the problem this morning and i think this is really weird.i checked my fuses on my amp and i blew 1 40 amp fuse.how did my amp still cut on and still give power to my subs.ive got a 200 amp big fuse 12"s in front of my amp and it didnt even get discolored!!!!it didnt sound as loud,but how did the amp even cut on.and how did i even pop a fuse in my amp when its set up for daily driving right now!!!!!!!sundown,i need some feedback please before i get another one of these amps.

There are several things that could have caused the amp to pop the fuse. A short in the speaker wire could have done it, a short in the power and ground wire, too low of a ohm load, too little voltage the gain being to high and clipping the snot out of the amp.

Also... why is your fuse that close to your amp? It's supposed to be 12-18" away from the FRONT battery.

...do u have a pic of the blown fuse?? iirc if the fuse melted it is that you dont have enough current and the voltage is low...and if it blows you have to check for any shorts or stuff like that...

Edited by danracer

ok,i found the problem this morning and i think this is really weird.i checked my fuses on my amp and i blew 1 40 amp fuse.how did my amp still cut on and still give power to my subs.ive got a 200 amp big fuse 12"s in front of my amp and it didnt even get discolored!!!!it didnt sound as loud,but how did the amp even cut on.and how did i even pop a fuse in my amp when its set up for daily driving right now!!!!!!!sundown,i need some feedback please before i get another one of these amps.

I have no way of telling what happened for certain -- but my guess is that fuse was loose.

The fuses are in parallel, the amp will power on with only one fuse.

[the fuse didnt melt,just poped in the middle.my 200 amp fuse is so close cause in meca u have to have it no longer than 18" from the amp!!!!!!!no shorts anywhere.its just funny how it all the sudden poped and it still cuts on.no need to send a pict. of the fuse,it just poped n the middle.no discolor or meltn or anything,just poped!!!!dont know what caused this

[the fuse didnt melt,just poped in the middle.my 200 amp fuse is so close cause in meca u have to have it no longer than 18" from the amp!!!!!!!no shorts anywhere.its just funny how it all the sudden poped and it still cuts on.no need to send a pict. of the fuse,it just poped n the middle.no discolor or meltn or anything,just poped!!!!dont know what caused this

Like I said, that fuse was probably loose -- if not, perhaps it was a bad fuse. Replace the fuse and make sure everything works okay, if it does, you are good to go.

well that's good info to know, never heard of that before, gotta remember this one.

And, i fuse at both ends of the power line. 12" from battery and about the same for the amp. I use a Smart fuse block near all my amps, regardless of class, so if it drops below 12v, it will shut the pwoer off going to them. I know most amps can go below 12v but i feel if it shuts off because it went under 12v, then i need a better electrical setup. So far, it has only shut off in setups i've had when the car is off and jammin for a few minutes.

Cadence and i think Rockford Fosgate makes em. I have the Cadence model FH-8

[well,i changed the fuse out and checked my ohm load to see if a speaker was blown and it was fine.put the fuse in it and everything works great again.hittn hard as heck.i also checked all my connections and everything was fine!!!!thanks for the help guys.i still think thats unusual for a amp to blow 1 fuse and not my fuse block!!!!!im curious about that!!!!

Sign in to follow this